My iPhone 6 has a black screen and only the little "searching for Internet" symbol circling

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 6 has a black screen and only the little "searching for Internet" symbol circling

I have tried everything I know, but my iPhone 6 won't respond to anything. My iPad, which uses The same Wi-Fi network, is working fine. I am using it now to ask this question.
Today my phone was working fine and then suddenly it just froze in the home screen.Following that, this black screen came on with the little symbol for searching for Internet and around in circles. What can I do?

Mikah Sargent

Senior Editor, iMore
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6 has a black screen and only the little "searching for Internet" symbol circling

It sounds like your iPhone 6 either crashed, or shut down because it ran out of battery. The fact that you saw the loading circles leads me to believe it's the latter — that's your phone's way of telling you it's saving everything before it powers down.

Go ahead and plug it into its charger. Leave it for about 20 minutes and then press the Sleep/Wake button to see if it wakes up.

If it doesn't wake up, try forcing your phone to restart. This iMore post can help you figure out [how-to force restart your phone](How to restart or force restart your iPhone or iPad | iMore) if you need help.

Hope that works for you! Gimme a shout if you're still experiencing issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6 has a black screen and only the little "searching for Internet" symbol circling

Sometimes it may take as much as an hour of charging before you see the battery icon on screen. It's happened to me a few times.