How can I make my time Capsule my main storage and source?

I

iMore Question

I need to make space on my mac and I have both an external hard drive and a Time Capsule for extra storage. I know how to transfer onto my external and I have already copied all my media (picture and music/movies) to the hard drive. I want to also make a backup on my Time Capsule and then be able to delete the files on my computer to increase space. I feel like other questions are more specific and I get lost in the answers. I'm not a computer genius but I grasp common sense just fine. Any step by step instruction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I need to make space on my mac and I have both an external hard drive and a Time Capsule for extra storage. I know how to transfer onto my external and I have already copied all my media (picture and music/movies) to the hard drive. I want to also make a backup on my Time Capsule and then be able to delete the files on my computer to increase space. I feel like other questions are more specific and I get lost in the answers. I'm not a computer genius but I grasp common sense just fine. Any step by step instruction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Do you mean using the Time Capsule as you did your other external hard drive?

If so, mount the Time Capsule, it is really a hard drive and i would create a Named Folder by you, such as Extra Backup, then just drag the files you want to backup into your named folder. This way these files are not part of your regular Time Machine backup that Time Machine eventually delete to save space.

They would not be auto deleted by Time Machine at some point in your scheduled Time Capsule backup this way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2