Cannot Download Some Apps

I

iMore Question

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7. Prior to upgrading, I connected my iPhone 6 to my laptop and performed a backup. I then connected my iPhone 7 to my laptop and performed a restore of the phone from my backup. Most everything went smoothly.

The only issue that I ran into was that my apps were taking a very long time to re-install. I'm talking several hours long. Several of my social media apps appeared to be stuck in a waiting state. I felt like this was out of the norm so I decided to touch and hold on each app stuck in the waiting state and simply deleted it. I then went back into the App Store and attempted to download my apps again. However, when I tried to download Twitter for instance, I didn't see a "Get" button or a cloud indicating that I had downloaded this particular app previously. All I see is a round button with a square stop button in the middle of the round button. It's highlighted blue and when I touch it, it greys out the button for several seconds and then becomes highlighted blue again.

How can I fix this so that I can download these apps again? I've tried power cycling the phone multiple times. Some of the apps that I deleted in its waiting state were able to be downloaded again. Some were not.

Anyone with any ideas or solutions? Thanks for your time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen