WHY do my contacts keeping getting dropped from my iPhone 6

I

iMore Question

Randomly I am loosing contact info from my contact list on my iPhone 6. I don't know if there is a max number that auto drops a number not called frequently or is there a setting somewhere that controls this function? It is most frustrating to keep loosing info from this section, please advise.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you seeing this drop off in the actual Contacts app or via the recent call list via the Phone app? Have you logged in to your email account that the contacts are associated with and verified whether or not they are still available?

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with 6s. Gone from contact list. Usually don't notice until I go for the person in contact list. They're gone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with 6s. Gone from contact list. Usually don't notice until I go for the person in contact list. They're gone.

I don't know what to tell you because I have yet to lose any of the contacts I have on my iPhone. In fact, I don't recall any of them randomly disappearing from any of the previous iPhones I've owned over the years. With that in mind, are the contacts associated with iCloud or another email account? Have you tried the following?

1. Initiate the Contacts app.
2. Select "Groups" in the upper left corner.
3. Tap each item therein to make sure a check mark appears next to them.
4. Select "Done" and then check to see if your missing contacts reappear.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you because I have yet to lose any of the contacts I have on my iPhone. In fact, I don't recall any of them randomly disappearing from any of the previous iPhones I've owned over the years. With that in mind, are the contacts associated with iCloud or another email account? Have you tried the following?

1. Initiate the Contacts app.
2. Select "Groups" in the upper left corner.
3. Tap each item therein to make sure a check mark appears next to them.
4. Select "Done" and then check to see if your missing contacts reappear.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh thank you Just_Me_D.

That was it. For some reason everything was with iCloud mail. I have added my reg email and wow. They all came back.

I love this forum and greatly appreciate all your and everyone's help

Hope you have a great day. And thanks again

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh thank you Just_Me_D.

That was it. For some reason everything was with iCloud mail. I have added my reg email and wow. They all came back.

I love this forum and greatly appreciate all your and everyone's help

Hope you have a great day. And thanks again

You're very welcome...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro