Setting up a used iphone with a new user.

I

iMore Question

I have two phones with the same icloud email. I want to change one phone so my sister can use it with her icloud address.I do not want to delete the account on the first phone.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
If both devices are locked to your iCloud account you would need to remove the one you want your sister to use. You should be able to do that without having to delete both phones. Just log into your account and select the device, then click delete/remove (or something very close to this).

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

On the phone you're gonna give to your sister go to Settings > iCloud and disable Find My iPhone. Enter the password when prompted and after that go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

After this is finished, give the phone to your sister.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

On the phone you're gonna give to your sister go to Settings > iCloud and disable Find My iPhone. Enter the password when prompted and after that go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

After this is finished, give the phone to your sister.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

This is a much more complete answer than the one I gave. Thanks, Tartarus!

One phone has nothing to do with the other just because they currently share your Apple ID/iCloud account. They are still considered separate devices.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This is a much more complete answer than the one I gave. Thanks, Tartarus!

One phone has nothing to do with the other just because they currently share your Apple ID/iCloud account. They are still considered separate devices.

I have to say this, I KNOW it's off topic, BUT I LOVE your avatar! It's so cool! Did you do that yourself?

Great job guys on the tag team solution!

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I have to say this, I KNOW it's off topic, BUT I LOVE your avatar! It's so cool! Did you do that yourself?

Great job guys on the tag team solution!

Thank you. I used an app called Photo Lab. There's a section titled Face Montages that has various special effects. It's fun to goof off with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR