Why does a music app pop up on lockscreen?

I

iMore Question

On my 6s plus whenever I plug in my headphones a music app automatically pops up on my lockscreen. How do I stop this from happening?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I never had to need to disable it but plugging in headphones is mostly associated with going to listen to music, that's the reason for the music controls on the lock screen. To hide the controls, press once on the home button and they'll disappear.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can swipe to the right on the lockscreen and bring up my widgets while music plays.
I see this:
736433b064178ee3750e57cde7e80d0e.png

babygirl0419

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new here and I forgot my login information lol. I'm the one who asked the question. When I plug the headphones in wat ever music I was listening to last automatically tries to start playing. Alot of times I jus use my headphones to talk on the phone. It's driving me nuts. I'm not talking about the controls I'm talking about the full album art.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes I know exactly what you are talking about , I am having the same issue when I plug my headphones in to call someone and it's quite annoying. Unfortunately haven't yet found a permanent solution. Thus far i unlock the phone and re lock it again and it will get rid of it.

babygirl0419

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes I know exactly what you are talking about , I am having the same issue when I plug my headphones in to call someone and it's quite annoying. Unfortunately haven't yet found a permanent solution. Thus far i unlock the phone and re lock it again and it will get rid of it.

I uninstalled Pandora. That seemed to be the one that always popped up. Hopeful that did the trick cause it hasn't happened again.

babygirl0419

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes it looked jus like it did if I were actually playing my music. The thing is I never opened the app to play the music I jus plugged in my headphones.

babygirl0419

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I hit play when it appears. But that's jus it, I never opened the app. When I'm done I close out of it. I may plug in my headphones again to use the phone and it will automatically appear and I haven't even unlocked the phone yet.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Automatically appearing of the app when plugging in the headphones is by design.
To hide it just press the home button once.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see music on my lock screen just from putting my headphones on. I have to start it somewhere. Either in the App or with a widget. Not sure how you see the music with the app closed. It may show on the control center as the last thing played. Maybe it's connected to that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods