iPhone 7 black Current/vibrations when charging

I

iMore Question

Has any one had and issue of feeling electric current through back of phone when charging. It's like vibrations. I have tried different cables, plugs and charged in different locations and the same every time.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Go immediately to an AppleStore or the reseller you got the device from and have them have a look at it. In the meantime don't plug it in and take your SIM card out.

BlakeHH

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes!!!

Omg I thought I was the only one. I was sure I was crazy and I had friends feel it too.... honestly they probably thought I was crazy and said "uh yea sure Blake we feel it." It happens regardless of cable charger plugs in outlet etc... it doesn't when plugged via USB into my car stereo. It the worst when the battery has been charging for a while on my bed. The feeling is hard to describe like a forcefield around the back and you literally have to "caress" the back of it to feel it most.... asking the apple dude to "caress it" got me a raised eyebrow lol.

So as a poster suggested I "immediately" called apple and the took it to the store.... well how do misbehaving elctronic devices behave when being officially assessed??? I couldn't recreate it at the Apple Store and the phone tested remarkably well.

But as I hold it now I can feel it. I've read as I'm sure you have that the same phenomena has afflicted iPhone 3's, 5's, 6's iPads and mac books . Save for the mac book I've owned all of those and never felt anything. I also read repeatedly it's not serious or potentially damanging (echoed by the Genius Bar guy yesterday who went on to answer my question about is there a failsafe and yes just like when it gets hot it shuts off. The phone knows how to stay alive).

Also it's seemingly reported by people with high sensitivity to electromagnetic fields. Ever since I was a kid I hated being near a power substation I could feel it and it would gimme a headache... parents must have thought I was nuts too. Recently I have two major surgeries on my right arm the and the nerve was affected. Sensations are way exaggerated. I do feel the current more in that had. I donno of it has any merit this sensitivity but sounds plausible.

Please please let me know if you can get and Apple person to feel it and let me know what they say!!! I'm content that it's safe but it's not a pleasant feeling as I'm sure you well know.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner