iOS 10 text messaging screwed up

I

iMore Question

"upgrade" my 6 to iOS 10. Problems, first and foremost:

1. Notifications for imessage/texts have ceased (audio and the red exclamation that appears on the Messages icon). Have no way of knowing when a text arrives besides randomly scrolling through dozens of threads. Even then there's no chronological bump to top.

2. All text message threads are empty and out of chronological order.
3. Message send status never shows complete.

Have toggled icloud drive, message settings, cellular assist, etc, all the hits I get from web searches. Haven't found a single other case of what I'm experiencing.

Thanks for your replies.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
"upgrade" my 6 to iOS 10. Problems, first and foremost:

1. Notifications for imessage/texts have ceased (audio and the red exclamation that appears on the Messages icon). Have no way of knowing when a text arrives besides randomly scrolling through dozens of threads. Even then there's no chronological bump to top.

2. All text message threads are empty and out of chronological order.
3. Message send status never shows complete.

Have toggled icloud drive, message settings, cellular assist, etc, all the hits I get from web searches. Haven't found a single other case of what I'm experiencing.

Thanks for your replies.

Welcome to iMore!

My suggestion would be to do a hard reset. Hold the power & home button at the same time until you see the  logo. Then release the buttons and wait for it to finish. Hopefully this will solve the problem for you. If not then you may have to try and restore from a recent backup again, which I hope you have. Have you also checked that your Notifications are set in Settings. If all this fails you may have to do a factory reset, but you will lose all your data going that way. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2