Instagram on iPhone - Insights not working (Unknown error)

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Dear All,

I was not sure which forum to turn to with this questions, please see reasons explained below:

I am using an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS and have converted my Instagram (IG) account to a business successfully. However when I click on the Insights icon in the top right or the "View Insights" under my photos it shows "loading", even shows the period of time the stats would cover but then I get the following error message:

Unknown error
Please try again later

This has been the same for 2 weeks and none of the following helped:

I reinstalled the app, restarted the phone, degraded IG account back to person and then upgraded it back to a Business one, nothing helped. And no, it's not because the upgrade to iOS 10, it has not been working for weeks.

I sent 3 bug reports to Instagram via the app's "Report a problem" option but I never got any response. After googling I learned that there is no such a thing as Instagram customer support that you could contact and submit a ticket to. The reports on my FB Support Mailbox are shown as "submitted" and not reviewed.

Instagram basically leaves its users in the dark and their business motto seems to be: if you have an issue, turn to the FAQ, if that didn't help, then suck it up and hope that the next release will solve it. Pretty sad. Hence I am turning to this forum for help.

Has anyone ever had the same issue and if yes, were you able to solve it?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Of course, that was the first thing I tried.

The Instgram "help" website offers very limited help to basic issues. It does not let you submit a ticket or to contact them in any other way.

So if your issue and a solution is not listed there, then tough luck. Extremely disappointing.

Last edited:

nic0519

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue?

I am, extremely frustrating. Instagram's app support is one of the worst I have seen. I think you may need to switch to the business account for 7 days before it starts working but I haven't tested that myself. How long habe you had your account?

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
For me it's been 14-20 days. Like I said I can see that all the bug reports I had submitted via the Instagram app were registered (thet are there under my Facebook account's support mailbox - didn't even know there was such a thing until I found it accidentally) but they didn't care to review or process it yet.

I understand FB bought Instagram but how can they leave the users with absolutely no support is beyond me.

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Negative, no solution yet. Will post here for sure if/when this gets resolved.

In the meantime, everyone please keep submitting error reports via the app and let's hope that one day our complaints to Instagram will be heard.

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Let's make sure that everyone having this issue file complaints via ALL THREE of the following channels:

1) Instagram app (Options / Report a Problem / Something isn't working)

2) Facebook Business Help Community (in case anyone would wonder why, Facebook owns Instagram):

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/community/question/?id=10208644646848556&notif_t=answers_answered&notif_id=1474795442086924

3) here on this thread on iMore forum.

Naively (?) hoping that if there will be enough complaints they will bother to attend to it.

Last edited:

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i have exactly the same issue!! did anyone find out how to solve it? please let us know.

Hi,

Please see my last comment. The latest update of Instagram that came out yesterday (Sept 26th) on iOS has solved this bug. I see that you "liked" that post but it's not clear if you checked in the app store to make sure your IG received its more recent update?

Do you still have this issue after updating your Instagram app within the last 48 hours?

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Great.

Instagram having an extremely unresponsive customer support team (or not having one) is shocking.

However, this got solved and that is good news.

Dundy1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Same here! It was working fine 8 hours ago and not I also keep getting the same error message. This is getting really annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2