Overwhelming iMessage in iOS10

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else feel they packed TOO MUCH stuff into iMsg? The effects, the stickers, the add-ons, the games. I can't help but think it's too much, sure there is a lot to do now in the msg app, but whoa does it feel like its over loaded.

What do you think?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I think it is fine. You can always turn it off by turning Reduce Motion>On. I enjoy it when I am in a playful mood and talking to certain friends. I think it can really set the tone of a conversation.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree it's a lot, but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. However, my poor husband is getting a bit weary of getting "test texts" from me!

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it is fine. You can always turn it off by turning Reduce Motion>On. I enjoy it when I am in a playful mood and talking to certain friends. I think it can really set the tone of a conversation.

Yea, i have it on. I mean, don't get me wrong, it has a lot of great new features and all, but i feel like they overloaded, maybe because everyone else has iOS10 now and are sending tons and tons of these messages lol. But i'm sure i'll get used to. On another note, is quite annoying that Reduce Motion has to be off for certain features. Oh well.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree it's a lot, but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. However, my poor husband is getting a bit weary of getting "test texts" from me!

haha i bet. Yes that is what i am getting from all my friends. I had the BETA, so i've had all these features for a while, not that everyone got them, they are sending me tons and tons of messages "trying things out" haha, maybe that's why i feel its overwhelming. It will all calm down at one point i'm sure.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the reduce motion on/off. I prefer it on, but having to turn it off is annoying. It will be overwhelming for awhile as it is new to a lot of people. Everyone wants to add every little feature they can when sending a text. It will slow down. I have been using it since June on beta and find I am using it a lot less. But It does have its time and place.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
IMO, Messages was remade with all of these new features for - kids, teens, 20 somethings. These three MAINLY. Either get them into the iPhone brand, or keep them in the iPhone brand and continue to upgrade hardware.

Other older folks will use one of these new features when we're texting one of our nieces, nephews, kids just to show them how hip us old folks can be too. LOL

I have had many of these generations tell me they will never leave iPhone because all their friends are on iPhone and "they all" live on Messages. Most have left Facebook (for old people) most don't use Twitter. Many do use Instagram though. But Messages is their main form of communication with friends.

I think the update by Apple was a smart long term move.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2