i found a new iphone6s with a flat battery. is there any way that i could use it?

I

iMore Question

when i found it on the foothpath, the battery was dead so i couldnt locate the owner. i havent been able to charge it or turn it on as i dont have a cable for it. it is larger than normal iphone in rose gold. on the back all it has is an 's',. its dimensions are approx 8cm x 16cm. so i'm not sure if its an iphone 6s or not. after buying a cable and charging it , can anyone tell me how to get it up and running for myself? it was at least 3 months ago that i found it

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! You need to do the right thing and turn it in at your local police station. You have someone else's property. Furthermore, if it's locked--and I'm sure it is--there is no way into it.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Best thing you can do is turn it into the proper authorities. Even if you charge it and do get it turned on, the odds that there is not a passcode on it or it is signed into Find My Phone are slim. And if that is the case, then the phone is essentially a paperweight. There is no way around it.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I really hope you turned it into the proper authorities and not kept the iphone 6s. Its probably locked and you wouldnt be able to use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2