discovering passcode

I

iMore Question

HI! I use touch ID to unlock my phone all the time. Recently I realized, I no longer remember my passcode. Is there any way at all to VIEW my phone's current passcode? I would prefer to view my passcode if possible. Also I really don't want to reset to the last known backup.
Thanks.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I suggest being careful not rebooting the phone. Rebooting if holding both buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Then you will be asked to enter your passcode.

You can't read the passcode anywhere. No one else can either.

You also need the passcode to reset.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind most posts like this are phishing for how to get into someone else's phone. Don't be surprised if you encounter some snarky-ness.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, if there was a way to "discover" it, then it would not be much of a security feature.

There's no way around it other than to remember the correct code or wipe and restore the device. Do you not have a recent backup (such as on iCloud Backup)?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The same when I could not remember me iTunes password for restored encrypted backups. You will receive suggestions not hacks. I eventually remembered my password. Maybe you will with your pass code.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner