Iphone signal drops

I

iMore Question

I've been an iPhone customer ever since the iphone4, the iPhone that allegedly had signal issues which ironically is the only iPhone i haven't had a problem with.

Ever since i upgraded to the iPhone 4s i've had problems with my signal. I can stand in the same place for 5mins and my signal can vary from full bars and 4g to no service at all. My phone constantly cuts out during calls, drops 3g and 4g connectivity and if a call doesn't cut out it just sounds like i'm a talking to a malfunctioning robot on the other end of the phone.

I went to see Apple and swapped the phone for a new iPhone 4s but same problem. I changed the sim card with my network provider - same problem. I changed networks - same problem. I upgraded again to the iPhone 5s - same problem AND i'm now currently on my third different network and once again, same problem.

I've called Apple support to no avail. They just suggested resetting the network settings, restarting the phone, making sure i have the latest update installed and a hard reset. None of this has worked. I have also set up the iPhone as a new phone several times, unsynced the data being carried over via my google email account and now finally signed out of iCloud but again, same issue.

The only thing i can think of that remains the same across all iPhones i've had is my Apple i.d. Has any one ever had an issue with this? Is it possible it's corrupt? Apple themselves wouldn't entertain the idea.

Does anyone else have this problem? I cannot find an answer anywhere and therefore no solution either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Do you have a case on your iPhone, and if so, what brand and model?
2. Are you experiencing dropped calls in one specific location or regardless of location?

Being that this has happened with numerous iPhones "you've" owned, I'm inclined to think that the problem lies with your location (possibly an area with interference of some sort) or with whatever protective case the device in protected with, if applicable.

jaideepv1234

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
HELLO,
I am also having the same problem (with iPhone X) - the signal is dropping. No one can call me. It is very disturbing for me. I am trying to change it with iPhone 8 s plus. please help me.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
HELLO,
I am also having the same problem (with iPhone X) - the signal is dropping. No one can call me. It is very disturbing for me. I am trying to change it with iPhone 8 s plus. please help me.

Welcome to iMore

The antennas on the X are class leading so it sounds like you have a network problem

Reset your network settings and talk to your provider about your issues

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The antennas on the X are class leading so it sounds like you have a network problem

I'm not saying you are wrong, but please could you provide some objective evidence to back up that claim? I ask because I'm interested in getting a phone with excellent RF performance, as I experience many network problems at my place of work.

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Can I ask whether that review based on a device supplied by the manufacturer, or one bought in retail independently of the manufacturer? I know that that can make a significant difference to a review (not just regarding wireless performance). :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Can I ask whether that review based on a device supplied by the manufacturer, or one bought in retail independently of the manufacturer? I know that that can make a significant difference to a review (not just regarding wireless performance). :)

Apple doesn’t give review devices away; they only lend out review devices on a temporary basis. Rene received a review unit near release but has since purchased one (or Mobile Nations purchased it. Either way it wasn’t Apple).

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Apple doesn’t give review devices away; they only lend out review devices on a temporary basis. Rene received a review unit near release but has since purchased one (or Mobile Nations purchased it. Either way it wasn’t Apple).

Thanks for the clarification. Please could you include this information in future reviews? It's useful to know how and under what conditions a device was obtained when judging how much credence to give to a review.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. Please could you include this information in future reviews? It's useful to know how and under what conditions a device was obtained when judging how much credence to give to a review.

Wish I had control over that but I’m just a volunteer on the forum. I completely agree though. I also find it a little funny that iMore and its affiliates constantly push Thrifter on their sites and podcasts and have never once mentioned that Thrifter is owned by Mobile Nations.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
My daughter had the same problems of calls dropping on her iPhones ,she had a business in her residence and it turned out as Just_Me_D stated it was interference in her area and carrier problem .
Her solution was to change phones( iPhone 7)and change carriers and her reception and dropped calls was cured .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Metal can interfere with cellular and wifi signals. Aluminum windows, rebar in walls, metal buildings, and even large kitchen appliances. I had a 26 cu.ft fridge interfere with my wifi signal. It sat directly between where I sat and the modem. I tested this by pulling the fridge out from the wall about 3 ft.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Wish I had control over that but I’m just a volunteer on the forum. I completely agree though. I also find it a little funny that iMore and its affiliates constantly push Thrifter on their sites and podcasts and have never once mentioned that Thrifter is owned by Mobile Nations.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234