When and what to purchase for my Son.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
My Son's birthday is Sept 9th. Im going to get him an Iphone. I have the following options:

1) Buy a new Iphone 7 when available-Not my best option as his birthday is the 9th. No way I will get it on time.
2) Buy a 6S directly from Apple-Best option I would say. Question here is will the price drop immediately once Apple makes its Iphone 7 announcement tomorrow?
3) Purchase a used Iphone from Swappa or Ebay

I am heavily leaning to option 2 but does anyone know, from history, if the 6S price will drop tomorrow once Apple updates their website?

Thanks.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
How old is your son? What if you wrapped up a picture of the iPhone and tell him he's getting it as soon as it's out? And older kid may be able to accept that and be excited for it. Not sure about price drops, but I wouldn't get a used one, I'd go with option two if you want him to have it in hand.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
He's going to be 10 and is chomping at the bit to get one. His mother promised it. I'm on the fence.

I that case, and given his age, I'd get a new 6s and get Apple care for it. I'd also recommend getting coverage for loss and theft through your carrier. Hold out until the 8th to see if there are deals. That would be my recommendation. Hope I helped!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2