How to change apple id in a disabled mini iPad

I

iMore Question

My wife had a mini iPad. She is now dead and iPad is disabled I Manged to restore it but it is asking for id and password

michelfo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
If she was using a Mac too, it is likely that the password is stored in her keychain there. If you know her user account password on the Mac you will probably be able to access her keychain using Keychain Access in /Application/Utilities. In the keychain, look for passwords related to Apple or iCloud.

Maybe you could try to reset her Apple ID password if you can access her email or know the answer to her security questions. Otherwise call Apple Support, I'm sure they'll be willing to help in this situation.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife had a mini iPad. She is now dead and iPad is disabled I Manged to restore it but it is asking for id and password

More than likely, the ID and passcode you're being prompted to enter is iCloud related. The device is probably protected with the iCloud Activation Lock. There's no getting around it. If you have your wife's identification, death certificate and probably proof of ownership then Apple *may* provide access to the iPad Mini. If you have access to her email account(s) then you might be able to get the passcode reset, but you'll also need to know her iCloud ID.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73