Video Streaming without Wifi or hotspot?

I

iMore Question

I have unlimited data on my iPad and iPhone through Cricket Wireless (no hotspot allowed) and want to avoid having to get home internet as I really don't have any data caps or throttles to worry about. I have a Sony Smart TV that I want to either mirror or stream video to, but have no idea how to do this using iOS. my old LG phone had Miracast which made life super easy. Is there anything similar to that for iOS? Oh, I also have an Apple TV that is 1 gen behind the new Siri powered models that I used to used to air play to, don't know if that could work without Wifi...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You could connect your phone to the tv with a cable via a lightning to hdmi connector. You'd need a working home network to AirPlay via wifi...that can be done even if the home network has no internet connection...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You could connect your phone to the tv with a cable via a lightning to hdmi connector. You'd need a working home network to AirPlay via wifi...that can be done even if the home network has no internet connection...

This is the connector he means, you can often find it cheaper than Apple sells it at Amazon or Ebay..

Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

You will also need a standard HDMI cable which you may already have (those can be had for between 5 and 25 dollars)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro