Which do you prefer? iPad Pro or MacBook?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need advise please

Welcome to iMore! Honestly it depends on the user. There's a reason why both devices still exist in the world. It may be helpful if you provide some detail regarding how you plan on using your device. Is this for personal use? What kinds of apps? What are some of the main things you plan on doing with it?

JBGem

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
My friend has the macbook and he loves it, but I personally prefer tablets better than laptops because they are easier to manipulate. And if need be you can always get a keyboard with it, if that is what you need.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
There are still some things I need a laptop for so I have my MacBook for those things. My phone handles about 90% of the things I need to do, and I have an iPad for mainly media consumption on wifi. However it's nice to use Tapatalk on my iPad with a keyboard as well.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I prefer both. I have rMBP and 12.9 IPP. And depending on what I'm working on having both is my answer. I was skeptical iPad Pro would fit into my "ecosystem" but it has taken its role quite nicely. Again, depends on what I'm working on but both my devices have their "place."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a 9.7" iPad Pro, the Apple Smart Keyboard and the Pencil to replace my 2009 MacBook, and I don't have any regrets about it. Having said that, there are still some things I prefer to do on a MacBook. Anyway, to answer the thread question, I'd have to say that it depends on the project. As stated already by metllicamilitia, my iPhone handles approx. 90% of my day to day computing needs, but when I'm at home or not working, I prefer my iPad Pro and associated Apple Smart Keyboard.