how do I transfer game progress from one iphone to another

I

iMore Question

I have some games that I have played for years and when I transferred data to another Iphone the games reset to day 1 and I lost my progress. How do I get the progress of the games updated to the new phone

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have some games that I have played for years and when I transferred data to another Iphone the games reset to day 1 and I lost my progress. How do I get the progress of the games updated to the new phone

It depends on the game. Some games store the information on the device, other games store it on the cloud either apples or their own.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the game. Some games store the information on the device, other games store it on the cloud either apples or their own.

I also have a bunch that store progress using a social account like Facebook.

BlackNightmare

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Usually the cloud (iCloud/gamecenter/social) is the safest way. In alternative, should none of this be available, if you can plug your device to a of you can download some utilities on the computer, like iFunbox, which can access non-protected folders of your device (like app save file) and you can copy them. It's not 100% guaranteed, though, as some games are server based (but, in that case, savings should be accessible in the cloud, so no harm either way)

michelfo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I think it's likely that doing a backup of the old phone using iTunes and restoring the backup on the new phone will work. But it'll also reset everything else that is on the new phone to the state it was on the old one. So that might not be a solution for you.

brendadnurse

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem. The game is a gamecenter game, but for whatever reason not being recognized, and it asks me if I want to delete my old progress and move to the level one on my new phone---um, NO! So I guess it sees my old game but wont move it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro