Neglected iPhone Unresponsive

I

iMore Question

So I was out of town for a few weeks, and my iPhone (5S, for reference) was completely neglected during that time. No one dropped it, no one messed with it, no one even touched it. I got back, charged it up, and... nothing. The screen is black, and it's not responding to any combination of button presses. It's just... dead. I may as well have taken the battery out.
That's not a lot to go on, but there is something else odd. I also have a Chromebook. It was also untouched for weeks on end while I was out of state. When I got back, it gave me the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" error, and I had to recover it, wiping my hard drive in the process.
The two devices were in the same place at the same time, so I can't help wondering if the iPhone might have a similar issue. (solar flares or something) And I can't find any information about recovering the OS except this -- http://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-recovery-mode -- and I can't get that to work either. Is a missing or damaged OS even something that happens? Or is there some perfectly reasonable explanation for how my phone apparently broke itself?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox