Post Battery Change Complication: Home button self activating

I

iMore Question

I tried to change my battery but unlike in the video it was melted to the back of the phone and so took some force to remove it. In the process I believe I have damaged the chips which control the home button and the sleep/wake button. I have activated the assistive touch function which is fine but now the home button is activating itself all the time, which includes activating Siri. I have changed the settings so no calls are made automatically and it doesn't activate when the phone is locked but it is still very frustrating trying to use the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way I can completely deactivate the home button? Or possibly fix it?

BlackNightmare

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I think getting professional assistance is the most recommendable thing to perform. If you'd like to stick with do-it-yourself solutions, though, I believe iFixit is one of the most complete sites for iPhone repairs. Try to search for your device model in this list and, if possible, try to follow the guide to search for eventual "differences" or damages that could have affected it: https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=Home+button

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried to change my battery but unlike in the video it was melted to the back of the phone and so took some force to remove it. In the process I believe I have damaged the chips which control the home button and the sleep/wake button. I have activated the assistive touch function which is fine but now the home button is activating itself all the time, which includes activating Siri. I have changed the settings so no calls are made automatically and it doesn't activate when the phone is locked but it is still very frustrating trying to use the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way I can completely deactivate the home button? Or possibly fix it?

Without knowing your tinkering experience with electronics or the iPhone in general, I recommend you make preparations to purchase a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2