Does @me.com and @icloud.com count as one or two email addresses?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that I should know already,but do @me.com and @icloud.com count as one or two email addresses ? I use both according to the type of communication it is, and one other, but maybe would like to add another ( No ! not the G thing !!).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email accounts:

They're considered two different email addresses unless they are EXACTLY the same, although most email services don't pay attention to upper or lower case.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Email accounts:

I'm sure that I should know already,but do @me.com and @icloud.com count as one or two email addresses ? I use both according to the type of communication it is, and one other, but maybe would like to add another ( No ! not the G thing !!).

My @me and @icloud are usually deliver in the same mailbox. For instance my iCloud is the same user name as my @me but I still receive my @icloud emails without adding an additional mailbox. I think as long as the user name is the same, it should show up in your inbox.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

My @me and @icloud are usually deliver in the same mailbox. For instance my iCloud is the same user name as my @me but I still receive my @icloud emails without adding an additional mailbox. I think as long as the user name is the same, it should show up in your inbox.

Hmmm... I have a @icloud.com email address but when I replace it with @me.com and try to send myself an email it's being returned.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

They should now be the same. A couple of years back, Apple gave us the option to change from @me to @icloud, if I recall correctly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Email accounts:

Check out the following information from Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201771

If you created an iCloud account on or after September 19, 2012, your email address ends with @icloud.com.
If you created an iCloud account before September 19, 2012, or moved to iCloud with an active MobileMe account before August 1, 2012, you have both @me.com and @icloud.com email addresses.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

They're considered two different email addresses unless they are EXACTLY the same, although most email services don't pay attention to upper or lower case.

As much as I do not like proper names not starting with a upper case letter. Proper names in email address do not look right.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods