Apple Store Dublin

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I read Online that apple are hoping to open a Store in Dublin can anyone clarify this or does anyone know if apple are setting up new stores in other countries

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Other than what has been reported via the Irish Times, I do not know in regard to Dublin. As for other countries, they might if it suits their needs.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure Apple is constantly looking for opportunities to expand its retail presence, especially in emerging markets. By the sound of it, Dublin might be an area they're looking at but we won't know for sure until it's formally announced.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Apple Pay all their taxes here in Ireland and Tim Cook has clarified that and they are not moving any profit or money across from america to Ireland

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
that was just a rumour which was circulated around the world about Apple not paying their taxes here in Ireland but i believe they do i take Tims word for that

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
It would be good for Ireland to have an official Apple Store we only have retailers here that sell Apple stuff but not official stores with the logo outside our closest one is the north of Ireland but technically there's a border with the uk so it's technically outside Ireland but to me I still call it the only Apple Store in Ireland. It would be nice if Apple set one up here we have their European HQ here based in cork Apple are building an 850 million euro server farm in Galway for a lot of their services such as i message etc I just hope they bring it soon the tax thing may be a reason but I personally don't think Apple are not paying tax when Tim Cook came here he clarified this too a reporter on the issue and our government fully support Apple on this

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Wotchered that's not funny I don't find it funny our country is fully compliant to our corporation tax it appeals to corporations as its 12.5 percent rate is very attractive

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Oh right cool. Apologies Apple have taken a lot of stick here too in Ireland for avoiding tax and basically profit they make in the us moving it here to Ireland to avoid tax on it in the us and that when apple came here in the 70s people say our government gave them a special deal they only had to pay 2 percent tax but this is untrue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2