Upgraded to iOS 10 last week and after upgrading to beta 3 my screen has developed "flickering"

I

iMore Question

Upgraded to iOS 10 last week and after upgrading to beta 3 my screen has developed "flickering"

After upgrading to beta 3 on my iPad mini 4 i noticed a strong "flickering" on the Dock and its Apps, the Dock will rewrite and or the Apps will shift to the right in a flicking pattern and at times the Dock will disappear completely. When i turn 'Reduce Motion' on in General/Accessibility the flicking stops but the Dock disappear when I rotate the pad to Portrait then when I rotate to landscape to Dock appears but there's a duplicate of the apps superemposed on it, finally , can anyone tell me what "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AGXMetalA8.bundle/AGXMetalA8" is? Thanks

AnzG

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to iOS 10 last week and after upgrading to beta 3 my screen has developed "flickering"

I too have a flickering dock on my iPad pro 12.9 that just popped up with public beta 4. Assuming they will fix with next release.

chadsmo

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to iOS 10 last week and after upgrading to beta 3 my screen has developed "flickering"

Yup , my dock is occasionally bugging out and flickering on Dev beta 5 on my 6S Plus

dimitrisv

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

Same issue here but with Beta 4. On Beta 3 my Ipad Air 2 was fine as far as flickering was concerned.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

Hmmmm. This must be a bug that effects only certain hardware. I have yet to notice it on my 6s Plus running dev beta 5 which is equal to public beta 4.

Lazy Guy

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

I went into Settings>General>Acessibility>Increase Contrast and turned on Reduce Transparency, I then clicked on the home button opened safari, closed safari, reopened settings and turned Reduce Transparency off. The dock reappeared. Let me know if this worked for you.

sumitmehta

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

I am also noticing application dock flickering in iPhone in iOS Public Beta 4. This is irritating and waiting for fix.

jodanchudan

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happening on my iPad Air 1.

Acermichael

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

I went into Settings>General>Acessibility>Increase Contrast and turned on Reduce Transparency, I then clicked on the home button opened safari, closed safari, reopened settings and turned Reduce Transparency off. The dock reappeared. Let me know if this worked for you.

This fixed the issue for me on iPhone 6s Plus thx :)

pdriscoll

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Hmmmm. This must be a bug that effects only certain hardware. I have yet to notice it on my 6s Plus running dev beta 5 which is equal to public beta 4.

I have the dock flicker, show background flashes of app windows, and other weirdness and I have 6S+ running pub beta 4.

Randall Padilla

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Yes, this took care of my issue too. Thank you. I hope they fix this annoying issue with the next OS release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro