Anyone else notice that their home screen is darker in iOS 10?

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else notice when setting a wallpaper with a white background, or any background for that matter, that the home screen looks darker than the lock screen?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone notice?

How do you know it's intentional?

Because it happens with everyone. The iOS home screen wallpaper has always been somewhat dimmed but I think it's more prevalent in iOS 10. It's more noticeable because the wallpaper shows on the lock screen now.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Anyone notice?

Because it happens with everyone. The iOS home screen wallpaper has always been somewhat dimmed but I think it's more prevalent in iOS 10. It's more noticeable because the wallpaper shows on the lock screen now.

My home screen is noticeably darker. My iPad running 9.3.4 shows no difference. Even when in settings>wallpaper, the home screen view is much darker. I hope it doesn't stay that way.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it's been like this for a while now (at least for me). I personally don't like it. I usually pick brightly colored wallpapers and it seems to just sorta wash them out a bit. =\

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Ughh, glad that my phone isn't broken but I hate this! Is there a way to fix this or at least get around it? Aside from increasing brightness?

ericmazariegos

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes and I absolutely hate it!!!!! I loved having an all white background, the text for the app icons would simply turn black, which is how it should be! Now white backgrounds literally turned grey! WTF! Even normal photos are dimmed, which makes absolutely no sense

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and it is very frustrating especially since I purchased an iPad Pro for the beautiful bright images on the screen but after updating to iOS 10 all my home screen images are duller than they appear in my Photo albums. I just got off the phone with Apple support and they said I should take it to an Apple store to check the hardware...I told them it is NOT the hardware, it is something that fit screwed up in the system update! 😡

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
It's not a hardware issue. It's every single phone I've seen running ios10. As soon as I updated my iPad it turned to mudd.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice