Why can't I add a playlist to my iPhone?

pindorica

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey all, I'm a complete iPhone newbie, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question!

So I just created a playlist in iTunes and I'm trying to transfer it to my iPhone. My iPhone is plugged in and appears in my sidebar, but when I try to drag the playlist over, it just won't work. The playlist will NOT transfer, and I don't know why.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Open iTunes, plug your iPhone in, tap the iPhone in the sidebar and select the option to manually manage Music.. That way you can do as you please with Music.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not home. I'll let you know when I'm at my computer.

I hope someone else will give a solution in the meantime.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've always created my playlists directly on my phone, and I use iTunes to back them up to my PC. When you back them up to your PC they'll show up in iTunes.

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I did, and disabling it fixed the issue! Thanks so much, :)

To put music on your phone create a folder on your PC and put all of your music in that folder. Then set the path to that folder from within your iTunes settings. Make sure you have "Automatically sync when this phone is connected" enabled. Disable "Manually manage music and videos".

In iTunes click on the tiny phone icon, then on the left under On My Device click on Music. Up top in iTunes click on File and then choose either Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library. When that window opens choose the mp3 file or the folder and click Open. Now down at the very bottom in iTunes click on Sync. That will add music to your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR