I'm not getting calendar alerts on my iphone 6

I

iMore Question

I have birthdays / events set in my calendar & have alerts at 7 am. But I'm not getting alerts. Please help me...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Go to Settings > Notifications > Calendar, and make sure that you have notifications enabled.

pairg73

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
It is set as Allow Notifications, but still i dont get alerts. I also tried Google Calander app this too doesnt give alerts. If I reset network settings I will get alert only once. Please give me a solution

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There's more than one setting for each app notification, so be sure you go deeper into the calendar notifications and ensure you have options set correctly. If you do, it may be prudent to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local official Apple store as they can assist you further.

pairg73

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
In Settings, Notifications, Calendar - it is set as Allow Notifications. And further in Upcoming Events, Invitations, Invitee Responses, Shared Calendar Changes, Events found in Mail it is set as Show in Notification Centre, Sounds on, Badge App Icon, Show on Lock Screen & selected alert style as Banners. Please let me know it should be banners or Alerts. Earlier I set it as alerts but still it was not alerting. Please help.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Try a hard reset (does not delete anything) by holding down both Home and Power buttons at the same time until you see the Apple Logo. Then let go of the buttons and allow the phone to reboot.

If that does not work try resetting your settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If that doesn't fix the issue you can try a more drastic solution, which would be to factory reset the device without restoring from backup. This will fix corrupt system files, and not restoring from backup rules out a 3rd party app interfering with your Calendar. These are the same troubleshooting steps they'll do at the Apple store.

If that still does not resolve things then make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. Be sure you tell them each and every step you've done to troubleshoot the problem so they don't have to do it all over again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73