I want to understand the attacks and the numbers next to the moves in Pokemon go?

I

iMore Question

I want to understand the attacks and the numbers next to the moves. Some have 60 and others have 30. What does it mean? (Pokemon go)
When you go to your Pokemon some Pokemon have different attacks even though they are the same kind of Pokemon. I would like to know which attacks I should be keeping. Do some attacks with lower numbers actually mean they are faster attacking or are they just weaker attacks.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
re:

All that really applies with attacks is the type and number. You can find numerous places to see type advantages and disadvantages for Pok?mon. The number next to the attack is the strength of that attack. So yes, a lower number means a weaker attack. Since Pok?mon GO doesn't allow for learning of new moves, you will see the same Pok?mon with different moves. If your goal is to take over gyms or put your Pok?mon in a gym, you will be looking for higher CP Pok?mon with attacks that have a higher attack power.

Freddyb123

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
From all the Pokemon I have, ive found flareon, vileplume, and golduck have high Cp, HP, as well as powerful moves with their attacks around 90-100. I have a parasect with the strongest attack out of all my vaporeons, flareons, exeggutors, golduck, vileplume, lapras, nidoking etc.. 120 is the most powerful attack I've seen for any of my Pokemon and it's a freaking 830cp parasect that has a 120 attack. Out of my 3 vaporeons they all average about 65 for attack with CP, and HP very much the same as my lapras, my snorlax has high CP and REALLY high HP but again it's attack could be better. I think vileplume and golduck have some of the best averages all around considering CP , HP, and attacks at 100.

Freddyb123

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I hear so many people talk up Caitrin due to how easy it is to get one, but overall even though jolteon is my favorite, I think flareon is the best of the three, because vaporeon and jolteon have weak attacks around 35-45, while all my flareons have attacks of 80-100. Oh also Taurus and tentecruel have powerful attacks mine are 100-110, making their attacks way more powerful than any of my better pokemon.

Freddyb123

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's a trade off, some with high CP and HP but lower attack scores, and some may have high attack scores with ok CP and HP. I guess it's about finding the right balance of it all. If a Pokemon has upper mid-range CP, and HP, with an OK attack score but it attacks fast (for instance jolteon) this would Kindve make up for that lower attack score, and balance it out. Alot of those with powerful attacks attack slower, so if you have a Pokemon with a lower attack score yet it's attacks are fast, this is usually better. So don't pay to much attention to one number because they all have their up and downsides. The other factor is type, for instance jolteon (electric) is great against vaporeon (water), vaporeon is Great against flareon etc... normal types aren't really effective towards any particular type of Pokemon, and electric Pokemon are only have one weakness and that's ground Pokemon and they're very effective agianst water Pokemon which is what I mostly see at the top of gyms.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro