Mac isn't detecting my LG G5 Android as Storage Device?

I

iMore Question

It's not working with me LG G5. i have performed all actions. MAC is not showing my android as device so that i can copy my files from phone and sd card :(.
I've done everything mentioned in this blog: trendblog.net / android-file-transfer-not-working
1. MTP is selected
2. USB debugging option is done
3. Samsung kies wasn't installed
4. Android Air is showing as device only in WIFI mode (my net connection is slow). its not showing in USB connected mode.
5. MAC (OS X EI Capitan 10.11.6) and Android 6.0.1 both are updated to latest firmware.
6. Finder > Preferences > General > External disks (Checked)

Now what i'm supposed to do as i have to copy my data urgently and it's large data i can't even upload. Is there any settings need to set in MAC to show android as a storage device ?

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not working with me LG G5. i have performed all actions. MAC is not showing my android as device so that i can copy my files from phone and sd card :(.
I've done everything mentioned in this blog: trendblog.net / android-file-transfer-not-working
1. MTP is selected
2. USB debugging option is done
3. Samsung kies wasn't installed
4. Android Air is showing as device only in WIFI mode (my net connection is slow). its not showing in USB connected mode.
5. MAC (OS X EI Capitan 10.11.6) and Android 6.0.1 both are updated to latest firmware.
6. Finder > Preferences > General > External disks (Checked)

Now what i'm supposed to do as i have to copy my data urgently and it's large data i can't even upload. Is there any settings need to set in MAC to show android as a storage device ?

Welcome to iMore!

Quick suggestion would be to reinstall the correct drivers,

You will want to download and install (or reinstall) LG Bridge for the Mac.

MTP Mode is the option you will want to use for setting it as a storage device, that is correct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2