Buying Kindle Books on Iphone6s Plus

I

iMore Question

I read an article dtd 2 years ago that you could now get the Kindle App free on the Iphone6 plus but you could not purchase books. Is this still the case? If this is still the case if I were to purchase a book on my Kindle and then opened the app on my Iphone6s Plus would that new book show up? I have a Galaxy Note 3 now & I was pleasantly surprised when I clicked on the Kindle App & it synced with everything I had on my Kindle Fire.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can get the Kindle Reader app from the App Store. Yes, any Kindle e-books you've purchased can be viewed and read via the Kindle Reader app on your iPhone. Whether or not you can purchase books via the app, I'm not sure. I use my Kindle Paperwhite to purchase e-books or login directly via the Amazing Kindle Store online.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
In the Kindle app on iPhone, you can browse new Kindle books to purchase and add them to your Wish List, but you cannot purchase them directly from the app.

You can, however, visit the Amazon website on the Safari browser on your iPhone and purchase Kindle books there and it works fine.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
if I were to purchase a book on my Kindle and then opened the app on my Iphone6s Plus would that new book show up?

Yes. As long as you log in to the same Amazon account in the Kindle app that is used on the Kindle itself you'll be able to read your purchased and loaned books.

I've not tried it, but I don't see why you cannot use the Amazon app (not the Kindle app) to purchase ebooks if you needed to.