Trying to decide what type of iPad I should get for my child?

I

iMore Question

There are several different mini, air, pro etc which on would be good for a child?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Buy the cheapest one possible. Children break stuff very quickly. Also they are small and have small hands so a 7 inch iPad Mini will seem like a 13 inch iPad Pro to them.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what @anony_mouse said. And pair it up with an obnoxiously thick foam-style case like this one. We have one of those cases for my youngest's iPad and it has taken a beating with no problems.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what @anony_mouse said. And pair it up with an obnoxiously thick foam-style case like this one. We have one of those cases for my youngest's iPad and it has taken a beating with no problems.

We have the same one. Updating the iPad now :) works great, protects the iPad, and gives a good handle for carrying. Did have to widen the headphone area for the headphones to fit but that was easy enough.
IMG_1947.JPG

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
We have the same one. Updating the iPad now :) works great, protects the iPad, and gives a good handle for carrying. Did have to widen the headphone area for the headphones to fit but that was easy enough.
View attachment 108763

On wow. That really is obnoxious!

OP, I don't know how old your kid is, but I don't personally believe that kids need an iPad of their own.

I'd look into a used one.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On wow. That really is obnoxious!

OP, I don't know how old your kid is, but I don't personally believe that kids need an iPad of their own.

I'd look into a used one.

Looks worse than it is based on the angle. :) but it's great. Been dropped, and he can easily carry it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Define "child" in the context you're using it. If you mean 5th grade and below, then I'd recommend an iPad Mini.

My kids have both gotten whichever one has been sitting idle around the house. Incidentally my oldest has a Mini and my youngest has an iPad 2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73