Hello all,

I work offshore in the UK on a oil rig, and I take my iPad for entertainment at night time. Streaming services such as Netflix are poor due to the large number of people using the wifi.

I have now thought about purchasing a hard drive to solve my issues. I am looking for either wired or wireless which I can preload with movies, tv series, music etc which I will then take offshore an be able to play on my iPad Air 2 without it (the HD) having to be connected to my company wifi. I know models connect to the iPad to hard drive via wifi, so I assume I will not need a wifi connection for Internet access etc to play media from the hard drive.

Google searches have pointed me to Seagate wireless pro models, if anyone has used it before, that would be great to have opinions on it.

Thanks in advance
    Mark
    07-04-2016 12:54 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

I suggest going wired. It will be quicker. Seagate make a great drive. I also have Touro external drives and they are my favorites. They are cheap but do not let the price fool you. They are really decent drives. So there are my suggestions. Hope this info helps you.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-04-2016 08:04 PM