I have imessages on my mac but the sync was turned off.. I am hoping to find a way to sync all the messages I currently have on my iphone to my mac/imessages so I can delete them off my phone. Is this possible? Please help!! Thanks!
    06-23-2016 09:43 PM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore!

Unfortunately no. Only iMessages sent from the time you set up Messages on your Mac can be received. Note that you are not actually syncing between Messages on iPhone and Messages on Mac - you are adding a new device to receive a copy of each message sent.
    Welcome to iMore!

Unfortunately no. Only iMessages sent from the time you set up Messages on your Mac can be received. Note that you are not actually syncing between Messages on iPhone and Messages on Mac - you are adding a new device to receive a copy of each message sent.
    06-23-2016 10:31 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

You also won't receive regular SMS, and MMS, JUST iMessage from other iphone or iOS device users. (The phone will still get everything)
    firedept10 likes this.
    06-24-2016 03:28 PM