Best practices in protecting PHI in the Cloud?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Protected Health Information....I don't think that's something that should be kept in the cloud. I'm pretty sure that would constitute a HIPAA violation if it was someone else's info. That information is best left in secured software.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
OK... Makes sense now... Health info collected on an iPhone and via the Watch that gets stored on iPhone isn't backed up to iCloud... It is only backed up when you select to encrypt backups made to computer via iTunes.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
OK... Makes sense now... Health info collected on an iPhone and via the Watch that gets stored on iPhone isn't backed up to iCloud... It is only backed up when you select to encrypt backups made to computer via iTunes.

This is true!!!

OP can you elaborate on the type of health info you're referring to? I ask because there's a difference between PHI & the info that health trackers collect.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Peeps need to quit being so lazy and not use abbreviations. Spell out the words.

Yes the OP could have spelled it out, considering this isn't a medical forum but that is actually how it's worded in both HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) & HITECH (The Health Information Technology for Economic & Clinical Health Act).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro