I have been reading and searching about why my iPhone 6S would duplicate a picture in my gallery when I send it to a contact. I have seen the setting about not saving the incoming media however here I'm talking about outgoing media. Is there any other setting I should turn off? I have tried to uninstall/install the app again but the problem is still there.

Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks!
    06-22-2016 08:11 AM
  2. Tartarus said: Best Answer

Well, if you take a picture with WhatsApp, it gets saved in the Camera Roll of your iPhone AND in WhatsApp. There is no way to change this.

However, if you want to have no duplicates anymore, simply delete the pictures in Camera Roll.

This is no error, nor bug or anything else. it just is.
    Welcome to iMore! So when you send a pic how? iMessage? Other? When you send a pic, it leaves you with 2 on the camera roll, rather than 1? Not sure I understand.
    06-22-2016 08:18 AM
    I have been reading and searching about why my iPhone 6S would duplicate a picture (or video) in my gallery when I send it to a contact using WhatsApp. I have seen the WhatsApp setting about not saving the incoming media however here I'm talking about outgoing media. Is there any other setting I should turn off? I have tried to uninstall/install the app again but the problem is still there.

06-22-2016 08:28 AM
    You still don't answer if it leaves 2 pics or 1. What happens exactly? You have 1 pic. You send it on WhatsApp. How many are left on the camera roll? 1 or 2?
    06-22-2016 09:16 AM
    I have been reading and searching about why my iPhone 6S would duplicate a picture (or video) in my gallery when I send it to a contact using WhatsApp. I have seen the WhatsApp setting about not saving the incoming media however here I'm talking about outgoing media. Is there any other setting I should turn off? I have tried to uninstall/install the app again but the problem is still there.

-------

Basically it leaves 2 pictures in the gallery therefore every time I send a picture to any contact I then need to go to the photo roll and delete the duplicated picture of the item I sent. It's essentially the same behaviour you would get when you receive the picture from different chats; if you have enabled the "Save incoming media" setting then you would have a copy of the picture for each chat that sent you that.

So just to clarify again, if I send a picture I have in my photo gallery to 1 or more contacts WhatsApp would create a copy of that item in my photo gallery, one time per chat I sent the image to.

Hope it's now clear.

//Just to add, that's happening on a iPhone 6S on the latest iOS
    06-22-2016 09:32 AM
    I'm not sure, BUT perhaps the developers can help, you can reach them via email or twitter....

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

Or hopefully someone else can answer.
    06-22-2016 09:42 AM
    Combined the 2 threads.
    06-22-2016 09:52 AM
    Combined the 2 threads.

Correction 3 threads! lol At this point it might be best if you signed up for iMore membership so you can post back and we can respond back and help you further which myself and Led would both be happy to do.

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question...-up-imore.html
    06-22-2016 09:56 AM
    Well, if you take a picture with WhatsApp, it gets saved in the Camera Roll of your iPhone AND in WhatsApp. There is no way to change this.

However, if you want to have no duplicates anymore, simply delete the pictures in Camera Roll.

This is no error, nor bug or anything else. it just is.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 06-23-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-22-2016 09:59 AM
    Combined the 2 threads.
    Thanks for that. I ended up registering . Yes, I will try to contact whatsapp and see if they know any workaround for this. It's weird it doesn't happen on my friends' iPhone 6 but in my brand new iPhone 6S. Unfortunately there isn't much information about that
    pkcable likes this.
    06-22-2016 11:08 AM
    Thanks for that. I ended up registering . Yes, I will try to contact whatsapp and see if they know any workaround for this. It's weird it doesn't happen on my friends' iPhone 6 but in my brand new iPhone 6S. Unfortunately there isn't much information about that
    I doubt it has anything to do with the phone itself. I don't use WhatsApp.
    06-22-2016 11:11 AM
    Welcome Carlos! Good luck with Whatsapp, they are cool people, I know one of the developers personally.
    06-22-2016 03:05 PM
    you must install WhatsApp Duplicate Media Remover app.
    06-28-2016 07:09 AM