Game Center Removal (iOS 10)

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So it looks like in Beta 1 of iOS 10 Game Center has been removed and Apple has commented on it with "Game Center will remain as a service but the standalone app itself will be removed" someone like me who liked checking on friends scores etc. This is kind of annoying but I guess the app weren't very popular. There is still signs that the app being removed isn't a done deal as in the settings app Game Center is still present and a few other things remain in the system related to the service, it could be Game Center is getting a makeover or whatnot for all we know. I would like Apple to keep the standalone app if I'm honest. How do other people feel about the removal of Game Center in iOS 10?

DragonPoo

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I won't miss it as I don't play games on my iOS devices. I just get random notifications from it from time to time.

I'm sure it had its uses, and users who liked it (like you). Hopefully they'll offer similar functionality elsewhere.

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how the friend request aspect of it will be affected. As Apple have said it will still be included system wide but not an actual app anymore, it will be interesting to see what happens. I get that this app for a lot of people weren't used on a regular basis but it wouldn't hurt if they just kept it and allowed it to be removal like other system wide apps in iOS 10.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how the friend request aspect of it will be affected. As Apple have said it will still be included system wide but not an actual app anymore, it will be interesting to see what happens. I get that this app for a lot of people weren't used on a regular basis but it wouldn't hurt if they just kept it and allowed it to be removal like other system wide apps in iOS 10.

I tend to agree. I keep it in my unused folder. But I do look at it from time to time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm perfectly fine with Game Center going away. I never use it. Well, I was going to use Game Center to compete with @robertk328 but he couldn't figure out what it did.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm perfectly fine with Game Center going away. I never use it. Well, I was going to use Game Center to compete with @robertk328 but he couldn't figure out what it did.

giphy.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2