Apple to announce iMessage for Android at WWDC

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For my family's day to day life, I think this is great. This means that my daughter (who has an iPod Touch) can message her father, who uses an android device. That means less tattle texts to me because he can share the love. It's not any different than having BBM available cross platform. I'm not against it. I don't think iMessage is the main reason anyone would get an iPhone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For my family's day to day life, I think this is great. This means that my daughter (who has an iPod Touch) can message her father, who uses an android device. That means less tattle texts to me because he can share the love. It's not any different than having BBM available cross platform. I'm not against it. I don't think iMessage is the main reason anyone would get an iPhone.

I totally agree. I like the idea of BBM being available across all platforms and think this is a "good thing" for Apple to allow iMessage to be cross platform. Lets leave the stone ages in the past, and not let a smartphone brand choice stop us from using this method of communicating with one another.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think it's about frickin time! Now if we can only get Facetime for Android! And maybe Windows support? (I know BB10 support is a pipedream! lol, but the Android version SHOULD work on BB10)

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I think it's about frickin time! Now if we can only get Facetime for Android! And maybe Windows support? (I know BB10 support is a pipedream! lol, but the Android version SHOULD work on BB10)

Lol I don't think FaceTime would go to android lol if Apple puts iMessage and face time on android then why would people buy the iPhone? I don't see iMessage going

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I know many people that have because they nice and have iMessage and FaceTime. I guess it's mainly the really younger people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711