How can I unlock a phone with Touch ID if someone else touched it?

I

iMore Question

My phone was set to recognize my fingerprint, someone else touched it and now it's asking for a passcode to unlock it. However I never set up a passcode because I was using fingerprint recognition. Now the phone is locked asking for a passcode and I have no idea what to do

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My phone was set to recognize my fingerprint, someone else touched it and now it's asking for a passcode to unlock it. However I never set up a passcode because I was using fingerprint recognition. Now the phone is locked asking for a passcode and I have no idea what to do

If you set up a Touch ID, you were required to set up a password. No way around that.

anon(9789123)

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, fishy. It is impossible to set up Touch ID without a password. For me, I had to make a password first THEN set up Touch ID. Are you sure it's your phone? Because that doesn't seem to add up.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

My suggestion would be to return it to the owner.:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox