I have a water damaged iphone 6. It was not working at first, I put it into isopropyl alcohol, and it is turning on now, logo is coming to screen and when I release the power button screen is going black, but the light is still on. If I push the button for a long time, screen is not going black, logo is always on screen and then phone is turning off. Is it dead?

Here are the video links;

Last edited by pkcable; 05-11-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    05-11-2016 03:07 PM
  2. pkcable said: Best Answer

Have you tried methods of drawing the moisture out besides the alcohol? Additionally you wanted pure alcohol used for electronic component cleaning, like greater than 90% pure, better than the drug store kind. Try putting the phone in a bag with silica gel packs (used in shipping and pharmacy) OR uncooked rice for a day or two, in order to draw out moisture. That being said it MAY be too late.
    Have you tried methods of drawing the moisture out besides the alcohol? Additionally you wanted pure alcohol used for electronic component cleaning, like greater than 90% pure, better than the drug store kind. Try putting the phone in a bag with silica gel packs (used in shipping and pharmacy) OR uncooked rice for a day or two, in order to draw out moisture. That being said it MAY be too late.
    05-11-2016 03:48 PM
    @pkcable, after dropping to water phone was not used for a month, do you think it will still help to put in rice or gel? The alcohol i used was 99%.
    05-12-2016 03:21 PM
    @pkcable, after dropping to water phone was not used for a month, do you think it will still help to put in rice or gel? The alcohol i used was 99%.
    Well it couldn't hurt any to drop it in rice for 2 days, BUT you did use the right alcohol it sounds like. The damage may already be done.
    05-12-2016 04:22 PM