ipad not having chargekept for charge. It is displaying empty battery and apple symbol. what to do

I

iMore Question

kept my ipad 3 to charge, it is displaying the empty battery symbol on screen and then apple logo. again this is getting repeated. ipad is not getting charged.
i checked my charger, cable. there is no problem with them. what to do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try one or both of the following:
1. Restore your iPad and then set it up as new.
2. Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! How long have you been seeing this screen? Sometimes you just need to give the battery time to charge enough to power the device back up. You might also try using another charger, just to weed out the possibility of a bad cable or charging block. If all else fails, it could simply be that the battery had reached its end of life. iPad batteries are designed to retain 80% of original capacity for 1,000 full charge cycles. After that you're on borrowed time.

Apple offers a battery replacement program. You can inquire at an Apple Store or by following the link: Batteries - Service and Recycling - Apple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711