What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What operating system works

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What...

Hum, my all time favorite tech devices! Let's start with my favorite smartphone which was my Blackberry 7100i Nextel which I traveled the world with.

My iMacs are my favorite PC tech devices, they are workhorses and make me very productive in my business.

My all time favorite tech device would be my digital SLR. Has allowed me to come back to my first love which is photography, shooting mainly nature and landscapes.

Thanks for sharing. You seem to have the iSystem covered. I think everybody loved Blackberry. It was good back in the day

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems that you have all the bases covered. Knowing me as well as I do. I should just get a iPad Pro. I often get bored and it ends up in the junk yard of devices.

Love my iPhone 6s Plus, now I NEVER use my iPad mini and my daughter never uses her iPad. The only time I use my laptop is to rarely sync my phone to iTunes, since I backup to iCloud now. All my other tech is sitting around collecting dust !! I do use a desk top computer at home a lot though so I can take work home and do some killer overtime after work

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got some old vacuum tube audio equipment I've restored.

I also liked my Nikon FM2. (Full manual only). I had a Sony Walkman AM/FM cassette player that was waterproof back in my Army days. It had rubber buttons and a snapping latch on the cassette player's door.

As far as modern day stuff goes, its hard to beat the 1,2,3 punch of the Mac, iPad, and iPhone.

I need a laptop. Something to access iTunes and iCloud.com. But I can't justify the high cost of the Apple Macbook. Even the refurbished ones are way too high. I'll probably get a decent laptop running Windows for around $300. That would suit my needs, as I'm not into the ecosystem or continuity thing. All I need is access to iTunes and iCloud. And I'm not willing to pay $1,000. + for it.

Spend $600 on it. You'll be a lot happier. If its not something you plan on taking on the road, I would get a Mini. (Which is what I did.) $300 Windows laptops are just too frustrating.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I will never forget what it felt like when I first got broadband at home.

Same here. Remember back when my dialing medom was 1200 baud and the first time I saw this blazing fast 2400 baud modem.

But my first modem was a 300 baud speeder.

Connecting at today's speeds we're not available then. If they we're the cost would have been verrrrrrrrry unafordable.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
iMac for sure. I use it as a gaming system with a windows 10 partition. it's soooo fast. MacOS is the best ever.
5k 4.0Ghz Skylake i7, 24GB ram, pure 1800 MB/s flash storage, AMD 395X 4GB card.

I can't decide between 12.9" iPad pro, 12" Macbook and Surface 4 as a 2nd in line. leaning toward ipad pro. but i like having a Full OS too.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
clie4.png

This thing was the best mobile device I owned until iPhone 4 surpassed it.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, with anything and everything at your fingertips to read and do, a phone in the bathroom is sometimes the perfect companion.
Taking your phone into the bathroom with you (and using it) is essentially identical to not washing your hands when you make poopies. Not really something to brag about.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I would get a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro as a next step, followed by an TV...:)
No, this is not good advice. If the person cannot afford an iMac, then spending *more* for a MacBook Pro is a non-starter. Also, they are two different classes of machine. If you need a desktop you need a desktop, if you need portability then you need portability. MacBook Air is also only ever so slightly cheaper than the iMac, is much lower powered, and again is a portable not a desktop.

Apple products cost much more than the rest and this is the foundation for Apple's great business model and success so it isn't going to change anytime soon. The best option, (and the one Apple themselves pushes) is to buy second hand, last year's, or refurbished models of the device you want but can't afford.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What...

Hey, with anything and everything at your fingertips to read and do, a phone in the bathroom is sometimes the perfect companion.

Why would anyone need something to read in ones bathroom?

Last edited:

TrofeoLover

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I'm used to seeing a tv show where when the guy goes into the .... Never mind. I'm not gonna explain it. Sorry if I didn't word it correctly or whatever.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
All time favorite tech? I'd have to say the smartphone in general. They allow you to stay connected in multiple ways as long as you have signal either cellular or wifi. As for a specific one, definitely my iPhone 6s Plus.

Otherwise Id have to say the Linux operating system. Free, easy to use (for the most part), just as capable as Windows for all things besides maybe gaming, however I think that will come around. Most of all, 99.9% of distros are free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711