What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What operating system works

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6S plus. It is my best purchase in the last few years. It is a tad bit heavier than I would like but the battery makes up for that. My favorite all time love was my Blackberry Curve 8330. I purchased a Blackberry Playbook and kept it no more than a month. Sold it for 35.00 and a theme. Later the Z10 was another disappointment. Ran to Android and finally found a sweet spot with the iPhone 5. After the total toilet baptism of the 5 I decided to stick with Apple. I'm happy. Just hoping for a dark theme option on the upcoming editions possibly in the near future.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Tough to pick just one. Overall I will say the Surface Pro 3 has to be the overall best for me. It replaced an iPad and desktop at the same time. I bought it when we were renovating at work and I lost desk space. Did all my usual iPad tasks and had a desktop no matter where I was. Didn't hurt having full blown capabilities in the touch screen form factor or being able to use Adobe CC on the go.

TrofeoLover

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 6S primarily, then I also love my iPad Air 2, but as for the phone, I am totally obsessed and addicted to it, and literally cannot put it down. Ever.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 6S primarily, then I also love my iPad Air 2, but as for the phone, I am totally obsessed and addicted to it, and literally cannot put it down. Ever.

I feel you on that. I have the addiction as well. I don't think that you ever get over it. I'm addicted to the forums as well 🏾

TrofeoLover

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I feel you on that. I have the addiction as well. I don't think that you ever get over it. I'm addicted to the forums as well 🏾

Did you know, in Germany, they are putting LED lights for the traffic signals in the sidewalk for phone-addicted pedestrians? So while everybody is looking down at their phones, they can see the upcoming traffic signal? Truly obsessed generation we have become with our infinity devices. Alas, I miss the old days before all this technological always on and always connected era we're in now.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you know, in Germany, they are putting LED lights for the traffic signals in the sidewalk for phone-addicted pedestrians? So while everybody is looking down at their phones, they can see the upcoming traffic signal? Truly obsessed generation we have become with out infinity devices. Alas, I miss the old days before all this technological always on and always connected era we're in now.

Wow! Very interesting. Well hopefully it will save some lives. I know that I have a serious problem. Not expecting it to go away anytime soon

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 6s Plus has to reign as King of my tech stuff of all time. But then I never had a tablet and my computer use has been limited to a Dell laptop. My Magic Chef microwave has been pretty nifty though.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've pondered whether that will be my next purchase. I've been reading a lot about whether it will fit in my life. Still trying to decide. 🤔

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
My all time favorite has to be my iMac's. They have been workhorse's and have never failed me. OS X rules for me. My iPhone's would be my second choice and even more so now that I have it combined with an watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My favorite piece of tech out of the ones you mentioned is defintely the phone/smartphone. It is the one item that is always with me. Computers would have to be second, followed by the tablet.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
iMac's are currently out of my financial range. I would love to have one. Maybe Christmas or end of year bonus. The only iTech that I currently own is the 6S plus. What would or possible be the next step.?Thanks. So many decisions. But I have to build it up a little at a time. Interested in so many of Apple's products.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMac's are currently out of my financial range. I would love to have one. Maybe Christmas or end of year bonus. The only iTech that I currently own is the 6S plus. What would or possible be the next step.?Thanks. So many decisions. But I have to build it up a little at a time. Interested in so many of Apple's products.

I would get a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro as a next step, followed by an TV...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I need a laptop. Something to access iTunes and iCloud.com. But I can't justify the high cost of the Apple Macbook. Even the refurbished ones are way too high. I'll probably get a decent laptop running Windows for around $300. That would suit my needs, as I'm not into the ecosystem or continuity thing. All I need is access to iTunes and iCloud. And I'm not willing to pay $1,000. + for it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The phones for sure. I've tinkered with them since the palm and Windows mobile devices. And I mean tinkering all night. Then I had kids and ran out of time and energy but still kept upgrading my phones regularly. The BB10 phones were my favorite bc I thought the OS has a lot of potential. Too bad it was released too late to really compete. But yea, I've tinkered with palm, Windows Mobile, android, BB10, iOS. So great.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I really love my iPhone 6s plus, iPad Air 2, and Surface Pro 3..........but I think my all time favorite is my Apple Watch :)

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I really love my iPhone 6s plus, iPad Air 2, and Surface Pro 3..........but I think my all time favorite is my Apple Watch :)

It seems that you have all the bases covered. Knowing me as well as I do. I should just get a iPad Pro. I often get bored and it ends up in the junk yard of devices.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What...

Hum, my all time favorite tech devices! Let's start with my favorite smartphone which was my Blackberry 7100i Nextel which I traveled the world with.

My iMacs are my favorite PC tech devices, they are workhorses and make me very productive in my business.

My all time favorite tech device would be my digital SLR. Has allowed me to come back to my first love which is photography, shooting mainly nature and landscapes.