What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What operating system works

ghostcat80

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
iPad 12.9 with the Apple Pencil. It has finally fulfilled my dream of having a portable digital art studio. Before, I would have said the 21UX Cintiq, and before that, the Intuos 2. I also have the SP3, but the pen didn't cut it.

SL2

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Nintendo Entertainment System, back in 1986. :love-struck:
I had played games on Atari, C64 and others but the games were rarely good enough for me. I didn't know I could like video games that much until I tried the NES. I never forget the feeling of playing Zelda for the first time, or Metroid. No one else I knew had those games, and no internet or walkthroughs to spoil it with.

A piece of technology, yes, but it's not a PC.. ;)
73786_2.PNG

As for operating systems I'd say Windows 7, because it's the only Windows version that just worked from day one for me. W8 is a close second. Those that came before usually needed a Service Pack before they got decent.
I'm using W10 now, I have nothing against the UI, but it could be more polished, and it wasn't very stable for me in the beginning. Oh and the settings/control panel is still a mess after all these years. MS started the transition away from the control panel 6 or 7 years ago, and it's still a mix of Modern, Vista and 95. Three styles from three decades.
I have absolutely nothing against Linux or OS X, I'm just not that used to them. If I had to payfor Windows I'd probably go for Linux instead.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What...

Why would anyone need something to read in ones bathroom?

You must be quick! Some of us need extra time in the bathroom due to circumstances beyond our control. Thus, something to read or do to kill the time.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What...

You must be quick! Some of us need extra time in the bathroom due to circumstances beyond our control. Thus, something to read or do to kill the time.

Led, Those younguns don't quite understand. Sometimes it takes us a little longer than others

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What...

Why. Well to clean the bath room I guess.

Last edited:

chagizbaluch

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
My all time favorite piece of technology is iPad Pro 9.7. I love everything about this iPad - from keyboard, pencil, camera, display, speakers to the performance and speed. This is the perfect size for me. I love how light yet how productive and powerful this gadget is. I love the Smart Keyboard. This is the best, lightest and most confortable keyboard of this size I have ever used, and I have used expensive Logitech, a couple of Zagg and Belkin keyboards. They are crappy, heavy and laggy because of Bluetooth. Apple Pencil is a must have for the iPad Pro. I use it not only for taking notes but also heavy photo editing when I use retouching and cloning on pixelmator and photoshop fix or editing 4K video. I already sold my MacBook Air 11.6. Even though, it doesn't have desktop software, it outperforms any desktop based laptop when you are on the go. I have installed a lot of productivity apps on this. I take it everywhere go because of its light weight and small size.

Shankersaurus

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My all-time favorite device I owned was the Palm Pre. Absolutely loved WebOS and the size and feel of the phone. Loved the very good touch screen mixed with the slide-out full keyboard. It was such a phenomenal device. The only reason I ended up in the Apple family, (and I am in deep now, iphone 6s, ipad mini, apple tv, airport, macbook pro) is because Palm folded and HP never did anything with it.

tgara

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Before my iPhones, it was my trusty HP-41CX calculator.

HP-41C

That thing was state of the art in the early 1980s, and gave me my first taste of programming. Even today, 35 years later, that calculator is still special.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much like whatever happens to be on my desk, on my lap, or in my pocket at any given time. I'm open to using any device on any platform. Heck, I'm going to a Linux User Group meeting tomorrow night. :nerd:

mcammarata7

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
MacBook Pro 13-inch with Retina Display (2015). El Capitan makes everything so enjoyable and fun and makes my laptop and iPhone my favorite dynamic duo. And i could talk about how much i love the Force Touch trackpad for hours 10/10 would bang

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234