I will never forget what it felt like when I first got broadband at home.
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    05-02-2016 01:38 PM
    My phones/smartphones. Started with my BlackBerry and now my iPhone.
    Exactly this. My iPhone 6s Plus is my favorite tech of all time. It goes everywhere with me, even the bathroom. LOL
    05-02-2016 02:06 PM
    Right now it is my IPhone 6s. I will receive a new IPad Air 2 64 GB on Thursday and feel it may take over 1st place.
    05-02-2016 04:44 PM
    My palm pre was my favorite piece of tech. I wanted it to work so bad. It amazed me. Now my Ipad pro.
    05-02-2016 05:20 PM
    iPad Pro 12.9 inch the best tech I have used.
    Agreed
    05-02-2016 10:55 PM
    I will never forget what it felt like when I first got broadband at home.
    Same here. Remember back when my dialing medom was 1200 baud and the first time I saw this blazing fast 2400 baud modem.

But my first modem was a 300 baud speeder.

Connecting at today's speeds we're not available then. If they we're the cost would have been verrrrrrrrry unafordable.
    05-02-2016 11:02 PM
    iMac for sure. I use it as a gaming system with a windows 10 partition. it's soooo fast. MacOS is the best ever.
    5k 4.0Ghz Skylake i7, 24GB ram, pure 1800 MB/s flash storage, AMD 395X 4GB card.

I can't decide between 12.9" iPad pro, 12" Macbook and Surface 4 as a 2nd in line. leaning toward ipad pro. but i like having a Full OS too.
    05-03-2016 12:17 AM
    Exactly this. My iPhone 6s Plus is my favorite tech of all time. It goes everywhere with me, even the bathroom. LOL
    Hey, with anything and everything at your fingertips to read and do, a phone in the bathroom is sometimes the perfect companion.
    blackmagicwoman and Spencerdl like this.
    05-03-2016 09:18 AM
    Name:  clie4.png
Views: 186
Size:  59.2 KB

This thing was the best mobile device I owned until iPhone 4 surpassed it.
    05-03-2016 12:03 PM
    Hey, with anything and everything at your fingertips to read and do, a phone in the bathroom is sometimes the perfect companion.
    Taking your phone into the bathroom with you (and using it) is essentially identical to not washing your hands when you make poopies. Not really something to brag about.
    TrofeoLover likes this.
    05-03-2016 12:04 PM
    What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What operating system works-franklin-telecom-turbo-xt-10-mhz-ibm-8088-clone-computer-9f4.jpg

Kids today will find this funny, but this was the most reliable, "Did the most work on it" computer I ever owned.
    05-03-2016 12:08 PM
    I would get a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro as a next step, followed by an TV...
    No, this is not good advice. If the person cannot afford an iMac, then spending *more* for a MacBook Pro is a non-starter. Also, they are two different classes of machine. If you need a desktop you need a desktop, if you need portability then you need portability. MacBook Air is also only ever so slightly cheaper than the iMac, is much lower powered, and again is a portable not a desktop.

Apple products cost much more than the rest and this is the foundation for Apple's great business model and success so it isn't going to change anytime soon. The best option, (and the one Apple themselves pushes) is to buy second hand, last year's, or refurbished models of the device you want but can't afford.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    05-03-2016 12:14 PM
    Why would anyone need something to read in ones bathroom?
    Last edited by Honey Beagle; 05-03-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    TrofeoLover and Gazoobee like this.
    05-03-2016 01:23 PM
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I'm used to seeing a tv show where when the guy goes into the .... Never mind. I'm not gonna explain it. Sorry if I didn't word it correctly or whatever.
    05-03-2016 02:41 PM
    All time favorite tech? I'd have to say the smartphone in general. They allow you to stay connected in multiple ways as long as you have signal either cellular or wifi. As for a specific one, definitely my iPhone 6s Plus.

Otherwise Id have to say the Linux operating system. Free, easy to use (for the most part), just as capable as Windows for all things besides maybe gaming, however I think that will come around. Most of all, 99.9% of distros are free.
    05-03-2016 03:54 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	franklin-telecom-turbo-xt-10-mhz-ibm-8088-clone-computer-9f4.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	106126

Kids today will find this funny, but this was the most reliable, "Did the most work on it" computer I ever owned.
    Wow, thats a dinosaur. Is it a 386?
    05-03-2016 03:57 PM
    iPad 12.9 with the Apple Pencil. It has finally fulfilled my dream of having a portable digital art studio. Before, I would have said the 21UX Cintiq, and before that, the Intuos 2. I also have the SP3, but the pen didn't cut it.
    05-03-2016 04:53 PM
    Nintendo Entertainment System, back in 1986.
    I had played games on Atari, C64 and others but the games were rarely good enough for me. I didn't know I could like video games that much until I tried the NES. I never forget the feeling of playing Zelda for the first time, or Metroid. No one else I knew had those games, and no internet or walkthroughs to spoil it with.

A piece of technology, yes, but it's not a PC..
    What is your all time favorite piece of technology? Phone, tablet or PC? What operating system works-73786_2.png

As for operating systems I'd say Windows 7, because it's the only Windows version that just worked from day one for me. W8 is a close second. Those that came before usually needed a Service Pack before they got decent.
    I'm using W10 now, I have nothing against the UI, but it could be more polished, and it wasn't very stable for me in the beginning. Oh and the settings/control panel is still a mess after all these years. MS started the transition away from the control panel 6 or 7 years ago, and it's still a mix of Modern, Vista and 95. Three styles from three decades.
    I have absolutely nothing against Linux or OS X, I'm just not that used to them. If I had to payfor Windows I'd probably go for Linux instead.
    Last edited by SL2; 05-04-2016 at 08:08 AM.
    05-03-2016 06:30 PM
    Why would anyone need something to read in ones bathroom?
    You must be quick! Some of us need extra time in the bathroom due to circumstances beyond our control. Thus, something to read or do to kill the time.
    05-03-2016 07:35 PM
    You must be quick! Some of us need extra time in the bathroom due to circumstances beyond our control. Thus, something to read or do to kill the time.
    Led, Those younguns don't quite understand. Sometimes it takes us a little longer than others
    Ledsteplin and Spencerdl like this.
    05-03-2016 08:28 PM
    Why. Well to clean the bath room I guess.
    Last edited by Honey Beagle; 05-04-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    05-03-2016 11:12 PM
    Where I go, my iPhone goes....
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-03-2016 11:14 PM
    My 12" Powerbook G4 867Mhz with Superdrive.
    05-03-2016 11:33 PM
    My all time favorite piece of technology is iPad Pro 9.7. I love everything about this iPad - from keyboard, pencil, camera, display, speakers to the performance and speed. This is the perfect size for me. I love how light yet how productive and powerful this gadget is. I love the Smart Keyboard. This is the best, lightest and most confortable keyboard of this size I have ever used, and I have used expensive Logitech, a couple of Zagg and Belkin keyboards. They are crappy, heavy and laggy because of Bluetooth. Apple Pencil is a must have for the iPad Pro. I use it not only for taking notes but also heavy photo editing when I use retouching and cloning on pixelmator and photoshop fix or editing 4K video. I already sold my MacBook Air 11.6. Even though, it doesn't have desktop software, it outperforms any desktop based laptop when you are on the go. I have installed a lot of productivity apps on this. I take it everywhere go because of its light weight and small size.
    05-04-2016 12:01 AM
    My all-time favorite device I owned was the Palm Pre. Absolutely loved WebOS and the size and feel of the phone. Loved the very good touch screen mixed with the slide-out full keyboard. It was such a phenomenal device. The only reason I ended up in the Apple family, (and I am in deep now, iphone 6s, ipad mini, apple tv, airport, macbook pro) is because Palm folded and HP never did anything with it.
    05-04-2016 12:35 AM
56 123