So I just read an article that Apple sales has dropped with the IPhone; first time in 10 years. I think its safe to say, we've all seen this coming. There hasn't been much to brag about in the innovation department. What would you guys like to see change with the next gen? Ok, probably not the next gen, considering that's its about five months away from dropping; hopefully the IPhone 8. I mean what could Apple do to catch up with its competitors. I mean don't get me wrong, Samsung hasn't done enough for me to switch back but, I would love to have a display just like the galaxy (rumor is that's in the works) I would love for the screen to be shatter-proof, re-design(the build quality on the 5/5s was incredible) water-proofing, etc. Thought, comments?
    04-29-2016 09:54 AM
    I don't think it has that much to do with innovations. There's been plenty. It's about saturation. It's because of the great innovations that so many already have an iPhone.
    I don't see a problem where you are trying to create one.
    04-29-2016 10:14 AM
    First of all, a decline in sales does not mean Apple needs to "catch up to its competitors". There's a decline in smartphone devices in general, and not just regarding Apple. As for what I'd like to see, I think my desires are more iOS-related. Seriously, how many ways can you make a phone that people will accept? How thin is too thin? I don't care about the cameras and stuff like that, but that's Just Me, D. I prefer stuff like iMessages being synced across all of my devices.
    04-29-2016 10:15 AM
    I don't think it has that much to do with innovations. There's been plenty. It's about saturation. It's because of the great innovations that so many already have an iPhone.
    I don't see a problem where you are trying to create one.
    I don't see his question as trying to create a problem. It's a legitimate question.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    04-29-2016 10:17 AM
    I would like to be able to arrange my screens as I see fit, especially my home screen.
    04-29-2016 10:19 AM
    I don't see his question as trying to create a problem. It's a legitimate question.
    I was referring to Apple's situation, not the OP.
    While sales have dropped off a bit due to saturation, they still sold 50 million iPhones. That doesn't sound like a problem to me. It's more like they're shifting gears. LOL
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 04-29-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    04-29-2016 02:30 PM