Ups lost my iphone

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So I sent my damaged iPhone back to Apple everything was scheduled and when the day of the delivery ups says it was damaged I got a replacement iPhone and apple said if they don't get it I will be billed full price ugh

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have tracking info that proves the return was delivered to Apple - they'll have to eventually eat it. Document everything - provide it to Apple - and watch your credit card - dispute any charges for the device's non-return when you returned it.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You and/or Apple should be able to get tracking details for the packages (both directions) from UPS. Once UPS accepted the returning consignment they should be liable if it is not delivered to Apple.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, sorry to hear that. I'd def do what the two folks above me suggested and track it. UPS ought to help you sort this out without much hassle. Let us know how it goes!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
6fd030b5af4ba9144b0d38aa88629990.jpg

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I contacted UPS they said they already contacted Apple about it and will keep them posted, I contacted Apple they said they will extend the return date to May 5 to give ups more time to investigate it and not charge me the until device is located

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You and/or Apple should be able to get tracking details for the packages (both directions) from UPS. Once UPS accepted the returning consignment they should be liable if it is not delivered to Apple.

The senior rep from Apple told me i am responsible until it gets to Apple? That didn't make sense it was up to me i would drive the hour to the city that it's being returned to

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The senior rep from Apple told me i am responsible until it gets to Apple? That didn't make sense it was up to me i would drive the hour to the city that it's being returned to

You are responsible for the device until it gets to Apple. So you need to be prepared to pay or settle with Apple. However, you should also file a claim with UPS to cover the cost.

Branta

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So it went through 6 handling and scan events without comment after you delivered the package to UPS. That is pretty clear evidence that damage occurred and contents went missing sometime between 2:36am and 1:55 pm on 4/22 while in the custody of UPS. The interesting point might be who instructed (and who is paying) UPS to move the package - because that is the party with the best claim against the carrier. If Apple gave the instructions you might reasonably be able to assert that you delivered the package to their agent on 4/21, and liability passed at that moment. Read the fine print...

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You are responsible for the device until it gets to Apple. So you need to be prepared to pay or settle with Apple. However, you should also file a claim with UPS to cover the cost.

I spoke with Apple he said he will extend the return date and he said he will open a request for me not to be charged regardless

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Actually, the responsibility should move to UPS once they took possession of the package.

Branta

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You think those responsible for stealing high value content don't read the address labels? A returning phone is pretty easily identified.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Whenever one sends items out you always let the person at the counter know the value so you can put the right amount of insurance on the item.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox