Hello Everyone, just received my first ever Apple product last week. The iPhone 6s Plus 64GB.
    I moved over from Windows Phone and I'm finding my way around.

It's all a bit daunting at the moment and I'm still finding that back button at the bottom of the screen.

My first obstacle was not being able to create a group... That put me off a bit.. Since I use the groups to text and email colleagues weekly. I guess I'll have to find a work around for that.

Secondly I couldn't for the life of me understand why Facebook profile pics don't appear against nearly all my contacts but appear on a few. I couldn't see what I was doing wrong. I update contacts and it said 0 updated.

Next I had an issue with scrolling inside an app. I attach the app in question.. It's a fitness app but I can't seem to scroll to the end of the search results. They are hidden behind the keyboard. And I can't seem to find a way to select what's behind the keyboard. Now this problem arose in my newspaper app as well. Is this an OS issue or an App issue?

iOS is so far very nice. And I hope I enjoy this new leaf in life.

Look forward to meeting some new people on here in the process as well.

Cheers!

Name:  ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1461781268.284728.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  122.9 KB
    04-27-2016 02:24 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

I can hopefully help on two of your problems. As for groups, they can easily be created in your Contacts. Once created there, they are easily used in Messages and Mail.

I can not help with Facebook as I do not use it.

I can see the problem with the keyboard and the app. If you clear the search field of the text you have in search field, the keyboard will clear out of the way for you.
    04-27-2016 06:34 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

I can hopefully help on two of your problems. As for groups, they can easily be created in your Contacts. Once created there, they are easily used in Messages and Mail.

I can see the problem with the keyboard and the app. If you clear the search field of the text you have in search field, the keyboard will clear out of the way for you.
    You got instructions on how to create contact groups easily in contacts? I've never seen it. Most create the group on a computer. I did it using an app called SA Contacts.
    04-27-2016 07:16 PM
    You got instructions on how to create contact groups easily in contacts? I've never seen it. Most create the group on a computer. I did it using an app called SA Contacts.
    Yes I should have said on the computer! Which is how I create my groups then sync them with my iPhone.
    04-28-2016 12:13 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

Thank you for replying...
    I'd reallllly like to know how you created a group in the contacts!!! This would be a life saver!!

As for the keyboard issue .. Yes.. I tried that but then it takes the search results away and I'm back to Letter A exercises. ... I have written to the developer as well to see if it's an actual app issue. Let's hope they reply.
    04-28-2016 12:16 AM
    Thank you for the 'use a computer' tip.
    So here's the thing.... I assume I'd need iCloud for this..
    But my contacts are on outlook (being Windows and all) and when I go to iCloud and click on contacts nothing's there except for the three test contacts I created to check if it sync'd properly.

Is there a way to transfer all my contacts to iCloud?

I downloaded the iCloud for Windows app and set it up. I then tried to open outlook on my desktop and it is asking me for a password to log into the .me server... I have no idea what this password is... I assume once I get into this outlook app I'd be able to sync my contacts over.....

What's the password!! (It's funny that the username is my Apple ID but my password for that doesn't work)
    04-28-2016 12:21 AM
    Hmm... Where's my reply with the quote?
    04-28-2016 12:21 AM
    Hmm... Where's my reply with the quote?
    My bad. I got ahead of myself and just assumed you had a Mac. On a Mac it is very simple to create groups and sync with your iPhone. From what I have been researching the last few hours about it, seems to point that groups need to be created in iCloud for Windows on your Windows computer or an App for your iPhone such as Groups. Sorry for any confusion I created.
    04-28-2016 04:33 AM
    Thank you for the reply!!

Yes, I tried the keyboard thing but that removes the search result and takes me back to the start of the page!
    It is possible to create groups on the phone using the app SA Contacts. But it's probably easier on computer.
    SA Contacts - Export/Import contacts to/from Excel by Sam Yu
    https://appsto.re/us/hwXMw.i
    04-28-2016 06:37 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, guys. But to create a group in iCloud how do I get my contacts to iCloud would i need to enter all of them again manually?? As mentioned earlier I can't seem to get outlook to work without a password.
    04-29-2016 01:05 AM
    So here is what I get when I try to open Outlook 2010 on the PC
    (I have downloaded iCloud for Windows and set it up using this website iCloud - Setup - Apple)

The username is a part of my Apple ID .. since I don't know any other password I entered my apple id password.. but that doesn't work. I've tried using my complete Apple ID .. but that doesn't work either....

Any idea what this password for this server might be??

Name:  icloud outlook.png
Views: 71
Size:  8.8 KB
    04-29-2016 03:07 AM
    Thanks for the SA Group tip. But $2.29 to create a simple group.. phew..
    But I was hoping the 'set up a group' via computer option would work. I set up a mock group on iCloud and it sync'd to my phone instantly. But ... it's not a functional group... how sad.. how do I select them to send them a text? or an Email?
    Not possible I suppose.
    Maybe iOS update 9.3.2 ? No?
    04-29-2016 06:14 AM
    Ok so I've solved two out of the three issues...
    Firstly the scrolling issue inside the app is not an issue to begin with #awkward
    I had to simply click the done button!!

Secondly, I sorted the outlook issue. Managed to get it going but sadly the existing contacts will not move to iCloud unless God himself comes and moved them for me! So I have now exhausted all options with groups ... Will wait patiently for them to implement it in some update..

Now next I still find a solution to my Facebook issue.
    04-29-2016 01:59 PM