Which carrier do you think is best Att or Verizon?
    imtravis likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:35 PM
    I expect it's different depending on where you are. I'm with ATT and they work great where I am. I find Verizon to be pricey.
    libra89 and etad putta like this.
    04-25-2016 07:36 PM
    I've never used Verizon, but I'm with AT&T and I have exceptional speed, quality, and reliability. On the other hand, I do PAY a somewhat substantial amount every month for that privilege.
    04-25-2016 07:42 PM
    I've been with Verizon for over 10 years. Their service is excellent, but it is very expensive. Too much in my opinion.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-25-2016 08:19 PM
    Had Cellular One->Cingular->ATT and switched to Verizon due to coverage at the in laws. They've moved and I'm likely going back to ATT. Have had times when my phone didn't work but my sister's ATT did. Coverage and speed is great where I've been and its been a few years.
    04-25-2016 08:39 PM
    I've had Verizon for over 12 years. Great service and customer support. I don't think they're any more expensive than AT&T. They're competitive. I've no reason to change.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-25-2016 08:44 PM
    As stated above, it depends on your location. In Orlando, it didn't matter what carrier I had, and I've used all of the major ones (Verizon, AT&T, BellSouth, T-Mobile, Sprint and whatever T-Mobile was called prior to its current name), the signal was great in the areas I frequented. Here in the Triad, the signal is steady and strong for the most part, despite the carriers (primarily Verizon & AT&T for me), but because of the hilly terrain, I don't get the signal strength I used to get in Orlando. Still, I've yet to drop and calls or lose any internet connections so I'm satisfied.
    04-25-2016 08:54 PM
    I use att and they have been great couldn't tell you the last time I've dropped a call. However I've been testing T-Mobile's network for the past 2 weeks and I'm really impressed. There LTE speeds nothing compares. Where I get 24 download 11 upload with att I'm getting 82 download with 24 upload with T-Mobile. How I have no idea. T-Mobile has come a long ways in a year. It's so good I'm actually considering moving my 9 lines over. But Att has been so good minus the slower data speeds I'm somewhat torn. Keep an eye out for T-Mobile there plans are the best and there service is getting there.
    04-25-2016 09:01 PM
    I use att and they have been great couldn't tell you the last time I've dropped a call. However I've been testing T-Mobile's network for the past 2 weeks and I'm really impressed. There LTE speeds nothing compares. Where I get 24 download 11 upload with att I'm getting 82 download with 24 upload with T-Mobile. How I have no idea. T-Mobile has come a long ways in a year. It's so good I'm actually considering moving my 9 lines over. But Att has been so good minus the slower data speeds I'm somewhat torn. Keep an eye out for T-Mobile there plans are the best and there service is getting there.
    One observation I've had with speeds is I can't really tell that much difference between 24 Mbps and 70 Mbps. Both are fast. These phones are fast. It's like with my wifi. I can pay more and get 150 Mbps. But I get up to 88 Mbps. That's fast. Why pay more? I'd never notice the difference.
    04-25-2016 11:37 PM
    One observation I've had with speeds is I can't really tell that much difference between 24 Mbps and 70 Mbps. Both are fast. These phones are fast. It's like with my wifi. I can pay more and get 150 Mbps. But I get up to 88 Mbps. That's fast. Why pay more? I'd never notice the difference.
    Agreed these phones are fast. But why is att only pulling in speeds of say 1/4 of what T-Mobile is getting? T-Mobile network has come a long ways over the year and I believe it's only gonna continue to get better. As for paying more T-Mobile has the best plans on the market. For instance with att we pay around 325 a month for 40gb 9 lines. As for T-Mobile are quote was 280 for 10gb per line so would equal 90gb with binge on. Really no comparison. Just wondering why att's speeds are so slow compared to T-Mobile? I've tested Verizon also and it's slow also compared to T-Mobile. Att has been solid for us just want to how T-Mobile is getting those speeds they are crazy fast. I've really noticed it sending a iMessage with a photo. Sends instant. Att takes a few at times. So speeds do matter.
    04-26-2016 06:29 AM
    As stated above, it depends on your location. In Orlando, it didn't matter what carrier I had, and I've used all of the major ones (Verizon, AT&T, BellSouth, T-Mobile, Sprint and whatever T-Mobile was called prior to its current name), the signal was great in the areas I frequented. Here in the Triad, the signal is steady and strong for the most part, despite the carriers (primarily Verizon & AT&T for me), but because of the hilly terrain, I don't get the signal strength I used to get in Orlando. Still, I've yet to drop and calls or lose any internet connections so I'm satisfied.
    Approximately when did you use Sprint while in Orlando? Recently? I was in Orlando around 2 or 3 years ago and my service was horrible. I could have been because I was in the more populated tourist areas but I was extremely disappointed in my coverage while there as well as some other areas I've visited in that time period (not in Florida). I'm wondering if they have improved as of late?
    04-26-2016 10:06 AM
    Agreed these phones are fast. But why is att only pulling in speeds of say 1/4 of what T-Mobile is getting? T-Mobile network has come a long ways over the year and I believe it's only gonna continue to get better. As for paying more T-Mobile has the best plans on the market. For instance with att we pay around 325 a month for 40gb 9 lines. As for T-Mobile are quote was 280 for 10gb per line so would equal 90gb with binge on. Really no comparison. Just wondering why att's speeds are so slow compared to T-Mobile? I've tested Verizon also and it's slow also compared to T-Mobile. Att has been solid for us just want to how T-Mobile is getting those speeds they are crazy fast. I've really noticed it sending a iMessage with a photo. Sends instant. Att takes a few at times. So speeds do matter.
    T- Mobile needed a selling point. They hope to gain on the others by offering more speed. But the difference is negligible. I average about 40 Mbps on Verizon upload. But I'm on Wi-Fi most of the time. I certainly would not go through the trouble to switch . The extra Mbps just won't be that noticeable. There was a time when I envied those getting as much as 24 Mbps. LOL
    04-26-2016 10:18 AM
    Yeah I get what you are saying. Definitely not worth the hassle and att has been really good to me.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-26-2016 10:19 AM
    Approximately when did you use Sprint while in Orlando? Recently? I was in Orlando around 2 or 3 years ago and my service was horrible. I could have been because I was in the more populated tourist areas but I was extremely disappointed in my coverage while there as well as some other areas I've visited in that time period (not in Florida). I'm wondering if they have improved as of late?
    Hmmm, let think. I had Sprint in Orlando when I had my last Android device so that would have been around 2011, prior to buying the iPhone 4S.
    04-26-2016 07:38 PM
    Verizon has the best coverage in the states. Their customer support was excellent and I really enjoyed them. However I am with AT&T. I don't like the location so I just go to the Apple Store or Best Buy. Verizon is hands down #1.
    04-26-2016 07:45 PM
    I have Verizon WIFI Hot Spot and only a few places the signal is weak.
    04-26-2016 09:55 PM
    I travel all over, weekly, and Verizon has never let me down. Even when I'm out in no man's land. I haven't tried AT&T in a long time but I plan on checking them out with another device sometime in the future. I'm currently paying $320 for 42GB on 5 lines...I don't think that's too bad for Verizon but then again I don't even bother to check the competition because they work great for me.
    kazp3r17 likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:46 AM
    I travel all over, weekly, and Verizon has never let me down. Even when I'm out in no man's land. I haven't tried AT&T in a long time but I plan on checking them out with another device sometime in the future. I'm currently paying $320 for 42GB on 5 lines...I don't think that's too bad for Verizon but then again I don't even bother to check the competition because they work great for me.
    Seeing what we pay for these is crazy. I remember my $24.99 plans way back when.
    ladyc0524 and nikkisharif like this.
    04-27-2016 02:02 PM
    Seeing what we pay for these is crazy. I remember my $24.99 plans way back when.
    I'm really ancient. I recall Comcast cable for $8 a month.
    04-27-2016 02:57 PM
    I pay 39.99 a year for my phone service.
    04-27-2016 10:55 PM
    Nice to see these post. I was thinking about switch to Verizon again to try then out but my current company is priced at a good price for what I have.
    04-28-2016 12:51 AM
    I'm with T-Mobile now and have 4 unlimited lines for $150... Great coverage for Northern California. Can't beat $40 per line for unlimited.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-28-2016 01:19 AM
    None of them.
    mrs_johnson7 likes this.
    04-28-2016 12:44 PM
    I pay 39.99 a year for my phone service.
    How?!
    04-28-2016 03:28 PM
    We live in Vermont, and have used Verizon and Sprint, prior to switching to T-Mobile. T-Mobile in our area is by far the best of the other two carriers. Both of us commute to work and frequently had dropped calls with the first two and rarely had data service. We rarely lose calls with T-Mobile and the data is always LTE. Never had those data speeds with Verizon or Sprint. And the plan is far more reasonable in price, we got a promotion for 4 lines with 10GB data each for $100. Unused data is carried over, stream music and movies without using any of your data. Very satisfied with T-Mobile.
    anon(73368) and violetjune like this.
    04-28-2016 03:40 PM
32 12