Best Carrier

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Nice to see these post. I was thinking about switch to Verizon again to try then out but my current company is priced at a good price for what I have.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm with T-Mobile now and have 4 unlimited lines for $150... Great coverage for Northern California. Can't beat $40 per line for unlimited.

miket222

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
We live in Vermont, and have used Verizon and Sprint, prior to switching to T-Mobile. T-Mobile in our area is by far the best of the other two carriers. Both of us commute to work and frequently had dropped calls with the first two and rarely had data service. We rarely lose calls with T-Mobile and the data is always LTE. Never had those data speeds with Verizon or Sprint. And the plan is far more reasonable in price, we got a promotion for 4 lines with 10GB data each for $100. Unused data is carried over, stream music and movies without using any of your data. Very satisfied with T-Mobile.

boomer0127

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
i live in a no-signal zone for all carriers. Was with ATT when i moved in, they basically said "sorry" when i asked if there was anything they or i could do to make service better. We switched to T-Mobile with the promise of wifi calling 18 months ago only to find out that they did not support wifi calling on the iPhone 5. But I called them up to see what i could do and they sent me a free signal boosting box that could grab the weak signal from the highest point in my house and relay it throughout the house. That topped with 4 phones at 6GB data each for $126/month (with corp discount) it was a no-brainer. At the time ATT wanted $140 for 3 phones sharing 4GB. T-mob definitely wins on price every time compared to att and verizon, but not always on signal.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's like asking "Which kind of food is better: Chinese or Mexican?" They're both pretty darn good but it depends on other factors (personal tastes, the person who cooked it, etc.). In the wireless world, this factor is geography (where you live, where you travel, etc.). In SE Michigan this generally translates to a better experience with Verizon. They're well known to have the best coverage in my area and they haven't let me down.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That's like asking "Which kind of food is better: Chinese or Mexican?" They're both pretty darn good but it depends on other factors (personal tastes, the person who cooked it, etc.). In the wireless world, this factor is geography (where you live, where you travel, etc.). In SE Michigan this generally translates to a better experience with Verizon. They're well known to have the best coverage in my area and they haven't let me down.

I don't know how the forums promote the "best answer" thing, but in my opinion, your post should be. It answers the question very well.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been with Consumer Cellular for about 2 years (previously with Verizon), and the service and customer service is second to none.They are a MVNO of AT&T. Plus, I'm saving a lot of money.

badcowboy

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I am on AT&T - coverage wise they are not bad (unless you try data roaming in the US - you get nasty notes from them when you use it on a 'partner'). With the latest price increase for unlimited data plans they are blasted expensive ($140/month for two phones with a corporate discount).

I have had two co-workers switch to Google Fi and they love it. Great coverage and decent prices. If the new iPhone this fall is not compatible, I will be leaving Apple just to get my monthly costs down to less than $60 from $140. Although I do suspect that the new iPhone will have the correct chip to handle Fi (or Apple will introduce their own MVNO).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2