Battery doctor

iPetar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a question, what are you thinking about Battery Doctor o similar app, do they really helping a phone battery? Or maybe is not at all from big help?

Thank you

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
it doesn't help.
charge your phone at your convenience.
in theory, every so often charging your phone from single digit %'s to 100, and leaving it plugged in for a couple hours after that.... in theory that is supposed to 'help'... thats what they say. but how can you tell? get two phones and do a longitudinal comparison study over say 6 years? no!
so charge at will. and if you are so compelled, every once in a while drop it low and then charge all night so it stays plugged in for a number of hours. to me it's like avoiding walking under a ladder. whatever floats your boat.
i found battery doctor annoying cause i was always preoccupied with being careful to not charge (with the app) until it hit 20% or lower; and then further been preoccupied with not unplugging it until the trickle charge phase was complete. it was a hassle to be concerned with such things... can you imagine?
so i deleted the app a couple of years ago and it was liberating! :)0
hope that helps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For charging the battery, it's just a way to keep up with it. It doesn't actually help the battery charge. The app can help delete excess cache, if your low on storage space. But that may use a little bit a battery to do that. I've never noticed it, but I'm sure it does. It's a trade off if you need storage space.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For charging the battery, it's just a way to keep up with it. It doesn't actually help the battery charge. The app can help delete excess cache, if your low on storage space. But that may use a little bit a battery to do that. I've never noticed it, but I'm sure it does. It's a trade off if you need storage space.

I've always thought that the title "Battery Doctor" was hypocritical considering it doesn't actually help your battery. It's like waiting at the doctor's office and then the doctor walks in, looks at you, says "You look sick", and then just walks out without doing anything.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've always thought that the title "Battery Doctor" was hypocritical considering it doesn't actually help your battery. It's like waiting at the doctor's office and then the doctor walks in, looks at you, says "You look sick", and then just walks out without doing anything.

You ever use it? There are no apps that help a battery. Even Battery Health did not. But it offered great info. Battery Doctor just offers the option to monitor charging and other actions. Some like it, some have no use for it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You ever use it? There are no apps that help a battery. Even Battery Health did not. But it offered great info. Battery Doctor just offers the option to monitor charging and other actions. Some like it, some have no use for it.

I have it and there is some useful information. I just think that the "Doctor" part is a little misleading because it doesn't actually fix anything. Nothing at all against the app. Its functionality is just limited by Apple's restrictions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have it and there is some useful information. I just think that the "Doctor" part is a little misleading because it doesn't actually fix anything. Nothing at all against the app. Its functionality is just limited by Apple's restrictions.

Ahh, ok. Maybe Battery Check would have been more suitable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh