Why did my typing bubble disappear?

I

iMore Question

You know how when somebody is typing, there's a little bubble that pops up? Well it doesn't show that on mine any more. Is there any way to get it back?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That little bubble only displays when someone is replying to an "iMessage" and is using an iMessage compatible device. If the recipient is replying from a non-Apple device, you will not see the "little bubble" when they are replying.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That little bubble only displays when someone is replying to an "iMessage" and is using an iMessage compatible device. If the recipient is replying from a non-Apple device, you will not see the "little bubble" when they are replying.

Oh, THAT bubble! I was wondering what bubble the OP was referring to.

Thanks D!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I've watched them reply and it won't ever show up

Are you talking about the ellipsis? The 3 dots? Try swiping the messages app out of multitasking. Go to Settings > Messages > Toggle off iMessage, then toggle it back on.
The ellipsis doesn't really tell you much anyway. All it means is that someone typed at least one character. And even with only one character typed, it will continue for 60 seconds.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No, I've watched them reply and it won't ever show up

It only shows when the message is going through iMessage. iMessage only works from one Apple device to another Apple device. If you don't see the other person typing a message (the little bubble) then the message is not going through iMessage.

zeshankhanbwp

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi! M using my laptop and m not receiving the three dots bubbles during the Facebook chat in messenger while my one close friend typing for reply me i can't see the three dots bubbles. When chat to other friends in facebook in messenger i can see the three dots bubbles when other friends reply me. i so much upset what is this plz reply me i shall be thank ful to you